6.5 Grendel Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Grendel Ammo

What ammo does everyone run for pigs and possibly deer? I know academy has the Hornady Black on shelves which is the BTHP. But what’s some other good rounds to start testing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a lot of people seem to report good results with Hornady 123gr. SST

Comment

Hornady black for pigs/plinking. Federal fusion for deer. SSTs work well also.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I haven't shot anything with them yet but Im running the underwood ammo controlled chaos. I have a buddy (big research, reload, etc. guy) that swears by them so I'm giving them a try.

Comment

I shoot Hornady 123 SST

Comment

Hornady black. Killed hogs, deer, badgers and yotes. Works great and is accurate.

Comment

I had very good performance from Fusion. I am shooting 120 grain GMX now, no kills yet with it. Hopefully I have something to report tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaq View Post
                a lot of people seem to report good results with Hornady 123gr. SST
                ^^^^^
                This here.

Comment

95 grain makers is my favorite, here is the link: https://makerbullets.com/proddetail.php?prod=6.5G95TREX

Ive used federal fusion with plenty success but prefer the makers.

Comment

Shot a doe with Hornady black and was very impressed with the damage. She ran for a second or two.

Comment

I didn't care for the SST after a few pigs and one deer. I'd rather go Fusion.

Comment

123gr SST

Comment

123 SST Works great!

Comment

123g SST

Son shot one @ 92 yards, low and back gut shot. Buck only ran 40yds
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              I didn't care for the SST after a few pigs and one deer. I'd rather go Fusion.
                              Does the fusion hold together better? Everything I've shot with the sst hasn't made it more than 40 yards, most dropped. But I'm not getting pass throughs on pigs, or deer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X