Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RVing

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Thanks. I like the trails there. Easy hiking. But the camping was closed when we wanted to try it. Thanks for the heads up on the full hookup spot.

Did you do any fishing while there. Any good spots?

Well I did catch a gaspergoo while I was there. Biggest fish I’ve hooked in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveC; 08-08-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

For those who haven’t been we visited caprock Canyon State Park earlier this week and it was a real hidden gem.
      It even has a lake to cool off in the heat of the day.
      Herds of Bison roamed throughout the park too.

Comment

El Campo

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
        Lost lagoon in El Campo was pretty cool. Good time for kids and adults. Nice bar setup in the pool.

New one on me and I grew up there...well it was back in 1814...and I still live within 30 miles of EC...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          For those who haven’t been we visited caprock Canyon State Park earlier this week and it was a real hidden gem.
          It even has a lake to cool off in the heat of the day.
          Herds of Bison roamed throughout the park too.

I have tried many times to reserve there and never had any availability

Comment

Paradise on lake Texoma was a great place. Small, quiet and right on the lake. About half of the spots are shaded- lake front spots are a little more exposed. This was our first trip in the new rig: Grand Design Reflection 31mb

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
              Paradise on lake Texoma was a great place. Small, quiet and right on the lake. About half of the spots are shaded- lake front spots are a little more exposed. This was our first trip in the new rig: Grand Design Reflection 31mb

By looking at the pictures, that thing sure is Grand.........

Comment

All ways do a test pull with your jacks still on the ground. Camper crushed both sides of the bed and the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post

All ways do a test pull with your jacks still on the ground. Camper crushed both sides of the bed and the tailgate.

That sucks! But
                  I don’t think your jacks will live long doing test pulls.

Comment

Just by coincidence this thread shows up. I visited Camping World today after getting my wire to agree to an RV for my family. I have 3 sons, all over 21. But we love the coast and adventuring out on the lakes fishing. I am following this thread closely. I will be retiring from teacher/ coaching. This is definitely my last school year. And I will be collecting information, pricing, size preference, etc. for the next 4 months. Hoping to pull the trigger next spring. All the information on locations was very good. Now I am wanting to learn more do this and don't do that information. I will be pulling 26-28-30 footer with my 2017 F250. Thanks for all the good info.

Following--

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
                      Just by coincidence this thread shows up. I visited Camping World today after getting my wire to agree to an RV for my family. I have 3 sons, all over 21. But we love the coast and adventuring out on the lakes fishing. I am following this thread closely. I will be retiring from teacher/ coaching. This is definitely my last school year. And I will be collecting information, pricing, size preference, etc. for the next 4 months. Hoping to pull the trigger next spring. All the information on locations was very good. Now I am wanting to learn more do this and don't do that information. I will be pulling 26-28-30 footer with my 2017 F250. Thanks for all the good info.

Following--

First hint, study up on Camping World as they are known to offer great deals and terrible service.

Second tip, go bigger rather than smaller since you have the truck for it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post

Following--

Don’t be afraid to rent.
                        There are sites out there similar to air b&b where you rent someone else’s trailer.
                        This could really help narrow down your decision.

One question to ask up front- are we going “camping “ or gonna live in this thing part time?
                        The price starts at about $20k and ends north of the moon.

When you go to state parks you will see all varieties- from a simple tent to $200 k + motor homes. Your answer is somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Don’t be afraid to rent.
                          There are sites out there similar to air b&b where you rent someone else’s trailer.
                          This could really help narrow down your decision.

One question to ask up front- are we going “camping “ or gonna live in this thing part time?
                          The price starts at about $20k and ends north of the moon.

When you go to state parks you will see all varieties- from a simple tent to $200 k + motor homes. Your answer is somewhere in between.

I get what you are saying but I grew up in RV’s and the first couple trips are always a PIA shake down run until you figure out all the little things. Add a rental unit to that and it could be enough to talk a man (or wife) out of a great life style.

Comment

Following as we have been thinking about doing some rv/camping trips. Thanks for all the info so far.

Comment

Some of you have mentioned going to Texoma. We love going to the lake, but Eisenhower state park is in pretty bad shape. We have tried to camp there several times over the years and have not been able to find a resemblance of a level pad. If you have a smaller camper you would be fine, but anything 25ft or longer it will be tough. There is a really cool swimming area there that is at the bottom of a hill that we did enjoy though.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRon View Post
                                Guys,..this is all good info. We live up by The Woodlands, north of Houston, but traveling anywhere in Texas is not a problem I will not be bringing my boat with us, but I'm open to hiring local guides, if on a lake. We're not really interested in hiking or biking, but will be taking our dogs on long walks.

Please keep the info coming.
                                You can do some short weekend trips to Cagle on Lake Conroe or KOA on Lake Livingston. Cagle is USFS park.

Comment

Working...
                                X