Chow time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I’ll pass on livers but I can eat my weight in gizzards! Looks good.
    I’m the opposite....I’ll chow on chicken livers all day long before I even take of bite of those gritty gizzards 😩
    Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Grandys??? [emoji15] They still around???[emoji848]
    Yessir....not as many as there used to be but still a few around. The best thing at Grandys (besides the livers) is their cinnamon rolls IMO.

Comment

Now, that is a real meal! Can I come visit?

Comment

Yessir! I had a big mess of livers the other day for the first time in a long time. I'm jealous

Comment

Looks good, but I don't see the bottle of Texas Pete or Tabasco to sprinkle on the livers.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            Looks good, but I don't see the bottle of Texas Pete or Tabasco to sprinkle on the livers.

No need for any sauce when he’s got big ol pan of grease and flour gravy sitting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horn Hunter View Post
              I’m the opposite....I’ll chow on chicken livers all day long before I even take of bite of those gritty gizzards 😩

Yessir....not as many as there used to be but still a few around. The best thing at Grandys (besides the livers) is their cinnamon rolls IMO.
              When I was a kid I thought Grandy's was amazing. Drive thru and get Chicken Fried steak and their rolls, and cinnamon rolls were amazing. I haven't seen a Grandy's in a very long time.

Comment

OP, that looks delicious, 'cept for the livers.

Grandy's breakfast sammich, the BET. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Grandys??? [emoji15] They still around???[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  only one I know of is in Greenville. the rest around me have closed down miss their breakfast buffets.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    Texas Pete's is some good stuff!!!

Comment

Yes!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                        Any chance of getting gizzard recipe?
                        Yes please, and I'd like the recipe for the livers while you're at it...

Comment

Gizzards are fish bait, but I can eat my weight in them livers, mashed taters, & gravy!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                            Yes please, and I'd like the recipe for the livers while you're at it...
                            Very simple recipe. She just uses salt and pepper as seasoning. She has a bowl of milk with 2 eggs beaten and mixed in. A pie plate full of flour. Dip livers and gizzards in milk and egg, then roll in flour covering completely and then repeat process. Add more seasoning as desired. Enjoy!
                            She just told me to also say do not overcook.
                            Last edited by doghouse; 07-02-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

dang i just ate, but this made me hungry all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Very simple recipe. She just uses salt and pepper as seasoning. She has a bowl of milk with 2 eggs beaten and mixed in. A pie plate full of flour. Dip livers and gizzards in milk and egg, then roll in flour covering completely and then repeat process. Add more seasoning as desired. Enjoy!
                                I usually add a little bit of malt powder to my flour when I deep fry; anywhere from 2 to 4 tablespoons. It adds a slight caramel note to the batter, deepens the flavor, and enhances browning.

Comment

Working...
                                X