Tripod for Night Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod for Night Shooting

Looking for a tripod for night shooting. Have read about the BOG Death Grip. Has great reviews on Amazon but have read negative reviews elsewhere.

Not scared to spend some $$$ if necessary to get a good one.

What’s it going to be used for?
    Walking up on Hogs ? -primos trigger sticks
    Setting up and calling coyotes? - death grip

We do lots of walking with thermals at night for hogs. I went with the trigger sticks and have no complaints

Comment

Hog saddle

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
        Hog saddle
        This is the one to get.

Comment

Hog saddle or direct mount tripod with ball head.

Comment

I prefer the regular V yoke on a tripod like the primos.
            I have a bog pod death grip and it’s just too bulky and hard to get the gun mounted in the vise while walking around hunting

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
              I prefer the regular V yoke on a tripod like the primos.
              I have a bog pod death grip and it’s just too bulky and hard to get the gun mounted in the vise while walking around hunting
              I'm with you, no way am I hauling my deathgrip on a spot and stalk. Now for blind sitting, it works like a champ and well worth the $130 I paid for it.

Comment

Night Stalker Tripod. My buddy has one and it's awesome.

Comment

The bog death grip weighs close to 10 pounds. If you’re stalking or moving around much at night, that’s way too heavy to haul around.

There’s a group of 5 of us that go at night fairly often. 4 of us have promos trigger sticks. Light, quiet, and very fast to get situated how you like. You can also get a saddle for it if you want the ability to clamp in your weapon and go hands free with the tripod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

primos trigger sticks are good for nearly everything. Get a 6-9" caldwell bipod attached to your rifle for when you need to get on the ground and take the trigger sticks with you and you can figure out whats the most comfortable position for the situation.

Comment

For years I said the trigger stick was ghey until I bought one. Mine isn’t a tripod though. I used a bod pod RLD for years and loved it

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                        I'm with you, no way am I hauling my deathgrip on a spot and stalk. Now for blind sitting, it works like a champ and well worth the $130 I paid for it.
                        x2

The Deathgrip is perfect if you aren't going mobile!

Comment

Big Pod is a well bout tripod that doesn’t cost a fortune.

Comment

Love my Bog Pod Deathgrip

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              The bog death grip weighs close to 10 pounds. If you’re stalking or moving around much at night, that’s way too heavy to haul around.

There’s a group of 5 of us that go at night fairly often. 4 of us have promos trigger sticks. Light, quiet, and very fast to get situated how you like. You can also get a saddle for it if you want the ability to clamp in your weapon and go hands free with the tripod.

X2

Comment

Working...
                              X