New arrow time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrow time

I have a need for a new dozen of arrows. Pretty sure I’m going with Easton full metal again.

Is there an arrow wiz here that can tell me what would build me the best setup with this arrow.

Fmj 300. / 29.5 inch draw/ 70lbs 100 gr heads.

Also as I am about to have these things cut how far past the rest should I have them cut ? Past the riser ? An inch out ?

Hoyt Facktor 30

Even with the riser, 300/340 would depend on total arrow length, not necessarily draw length.

Comment

I imagine it’s going to be around 30 inches. But I know little on brass inserts and so on. Trying to make a mean hunting arrow.

Comment

You’re pushing 500 gr. if you cut at 29”. Cut, insert and shoot. Perfect weight IMO.

Comment

The legend has responded. Git to fishing!

Comment

Make sure the broadhead you use will clear riser when drawn, my arrows are cut to where they are just past rest .5'', I can not shoot ramcats are anything with a fixed blade that has a large, found out the hard way, just a heads up.

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

I to like my arrow just past the riser. i agree with knowing what broadhead you pick and if it fits past your riser and wont touch your finger before cutting arrows. i use the two blade truglo titanium X mechanicals. im not a fan of the FMJ. but id say use what works for you. there is not a perfect arrow set up. what works for you might not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                You’re pushing 500 gr. if you cut at 29”. Cut, insert and shoot. Perfect weight IMO.
                Definitely a good weight!!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The other arrow I am considering is the Gold Tip hunter xt.

These are for mule deer/ whitetail and hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                    The other arrow I am considering is the Gold Tip hunter xt.

These are for mule deer/ whitetail and hogs.
                    Well that’s apples and fruitcake.

Comment

I’m all ears. I know there is some changes in materials and weight. So since I’m starting from scratch. Feel free to suggest how to make the hunter xt ideal for my setup.

Comment

300 spine XT hunter with 100 gr. Brass insert, point and etc. will have you pushing 500 and nice FOC.

Comment

Thank you for the advise sir. Would you consider one of these arrows over the other. I’m shooting out to maybe 40 max and will likely shoot a slick trick standard or similar broadleaf.

Comment

I guess I should add I’m shooting a whisker biscuit and I was previously shooting fmjs. Not sure if I need to go w a different rest size for the gold tips.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                              Thank you for the advise sir. Would you consider one of these arrows over the other. I’m shooting out to maybe 40 max and will likely shoot a slick trick standard or similar broadleaf.
                              I’m not a fan of FMJ’s soooo...

Whisker biscuit is ok with the XT’s

Comment

Working...
                              X