Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    My wife was taking the gummies till she seen where each gummy had 4 carbs.
    Yep. I looked at various forms of gummy products last year and quickly realized they are not compatable with keto.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      Wow amazing. Did you do anything other than changing your diet
      No I just changed my whole diet. I am a pretty active person I can’t stand being inside for very long. Once deer season slows down and work slows down I will probably start walking some. I would like to hunt Colorado next archery season. I eat very little carbs. It drives my wife crazy because she can eat darn near anything and won’t gain a pound and I refuse to go to restaurants unless they have a keto friendly menu.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Yep. I looked at various forms of gummy products last year and quickly realized they are not compatable with keto.
        Good info on the gummies. I have been doing vitamins c, d and e and had not looked at the carbs they contain.

Comment

Passing on an easy prep keto recipe we made for dinner last night. It was really tasty. Definitely suggest the sour cream and added sliced jalapeños in the end.

Additionally, we found these cauliflower mashed tators at Wally World and they didn’t suck either. They were a little thinner than I prefer but taste was great and easy microwaveable.

Comment

Guys that are doing this for the first time dont get discouraged when you hit the keto stall. It can last for a week or more. It happened for me last year during the first month and lasted for over a week and then the rapid weight lose began again. Just keep following the program and you will be fine. This isnt a sprint with a deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              How about just capsules? I have tried and absolutely can't drink ACV. Puke every time.
              Drink it with a straw. I couldn’t stand it either at first but figured this out and now it’s no big deal. I put one to two table spoons of ACV in about 6 ounces of water, mix in a small amount of my electrolyte powder ( I use lemon lime Dr Bergs powder), I also add liquid tumeric and a greens powder. Mix and chug all down with straw towards the back of your mouth so taste is minimal.

Comment

Another couple keto items that are good stuff: Livia noodles - I make spaghetti and stir fry with them. Get them at sprouts in white and black bag. If you make spaghetti get the organic- no sugar added kind. They usually have about 3 sugars naturally from the tomatoes. These noodles are awesome. Just rinse them, then and add to your meat sauce on lowand let them soak up the flavors of the sauce and Italian sausage, I usually let them simmer in the sauce 5-10 minutes then serve- good stuff

Also if you are craving a Dr Pepper or other cola type drink - sprouts carries Zevia, the Dr Zevia is great ( has caffeine). Cream soda is good too (non caffeinated). These are sweetened with Zevia and have zero sugar and zero calories.

Comment

How long does it take to go into ketosis. I’ve been on diet for 10 days now. Just wondering how I know if I am in ketosis or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also thanks for all the food ideas. I made some fat bombs yesterday and they turned out pretty good. Only way I can get my fat numbers up.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                      Drink it with a straw. I couldn’t stand it either at first but figured this out and now it’s no big deal. I put one to two table spoons of ACV in about 6 ounces of water, mix in a small amount of my electrolyte powder ( I use lemon lime Dr Bergs powder), I also add liquid tumeric and a greens powder. Mix and chug all down with straw towards the back of your mouth so taste is minimal.
                      I'm gagging just thinking about it. Trying capsules this week. Down 5lbs so far. I know it's water so far but still nice to see the scale move

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                        How long does it take to go into ketosis. I’ve been on diet for 10 days now. Just wondering how I know if I am in ketosis or not.

Depends on how strict you are and your activity level. For example, those awesome recipe and taders above would be a no-go for me, onions and sour cream in the recipe and 6g carbs per serving in the taders. They look SO freaking good though!

Comment

By far the best low carb or keto products I have ever encountered. As close to a real tortilla as you can get. We have only found these at Drug Emporium in Abilene.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                            Carb-Smart tortillas. They don’t taste like the homemade real deal, but they’ll get you through in a pinch. I also like using pork rinds for dips/queso whatever. The chili-lime ones are awesome and have that satisfying crunch that chips give you.

This is exactly what I do. It has made this very easy, even over the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                              Also thanks for all the food ideas. I made some fat bombs yesterday and they turned out pretty good. Only way I can get my fat numbers up.

An easy way to get your fat numbers up is to shoot some MCT Oil.
                              I purchase Natures Way Organic MCT Oil from Amazon and put a tablespoon in a small glass of water and shoot it down. Simple 14g of fat.

Also, not sure exaclty how accurate they are, but Walgreens has the urine test strips or you can also purchase on Amazon. Keto Test strips.

Comment

Wife got me started on it a few years ago, she lost 70+ pounds and was able to get off a bunch of her meds for MS. i went down about 50lbs but fell off the wagon. Got back on it and down about 11 so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X