• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JD, you gotta go to NY next?

Comment

Seen two doe so far . Been quite since 7

Comment

Ended the morning with three doe seen. No shot oops. Maybe tomorrow or this evening.

Comment

Hoping the best for ya Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            JD, you gotta go to NY next?
            I think I'm allergic to the northeast. Wyoming next fall and we have points in SD for ducks. If we draw. I figure I got 10 to 15 years left. I'm gonna use all of em.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
              Ended the morning with three doe seen. No shot oops. Maybe tomorrow or this evening.
              Good luck Justin. At least we have someone on the thread out there!

Comment

Just had a small 9 point and another buck of unknown size at my corn. Now I need a shooter to show up

Comment

Well that ends big buck season for me. May try and get another doe in the extended season if I can. After that its the wait for turkey season.

Comment

Well no buck for me, sat this evening and saw a couple doe but no shot.

Comment

Hit the lake this morning looking for dove- I can tell you were they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        Hit the lake this morning looking for dove- I can tell you were they aren't.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what’s the etiquette for dove hunting on public land? Do you walk around in attempt to stir them up or camp out near a food source? I’ve always wondered but too worried I’ll pepper some poor deer hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=BeansInChili;15375801]Please excuse my ignorance, but what’s the etiquette for dove hunting on public land? Do you walk around in attempt to stir them up or camp out near a food source? I’ve always wondered but too worried I’ll pepper some poor deer hunter.

I parked in a walk-in area with no other vehicles. The area I was in had doves in other years (dry years). The broomweed was waist high, no doves.

Just notice the other hunters and be a good steward. Duck hunters don't care.

Comment

Both the W and A lakes have come up a few inches more since my last report on Dec 31st.

W lake stands at 2.49 feet low.

A lake stands at 1.10 feet low.

Comment

Was out at B7 for the last day of my first turkey season, which was terribly short due to a covid complication, and wanted to thank the duck hunters out there for helping me to get my first round of shock gobbling from a roost. No joy on the turkey hunt, but was awesome to finally get some sound off from them dino-birds.

So if you were one of those stout souls freezing it out on January 3rd before sun-up, thanks for the help! Hope y'all got a whole mess of ducks!

Comment

Gobbles are always good. I've heard them out there during deer season but not during the spring. I have seen hens during the spring. I wasn't out there harassing ducks on the 3rd but us duck hunters do what we can to help...as long as you don't get to the hole before us...

Comment

Working...
                                X