No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping these pop up showers turn into a lot more (big, steady line of rain) and a bunch of the hill country gets some much needed rain.

Our lease in Mason was close (according to the radar) for getting some rain a couple times but I think we missed out. I'll try and find out seeing as I probably won't go back for at least a month or maybe two.

Comment

Any of you hill country boys want to take a new bow hunter under your wing for a hunt? I am new to SA and just got my first bow....not sure where to start. I am a western rifle hunter, and this is a whole new adventure for me!

Comment

Looks like Brady got about a 1/2 inch between the 4-6th...

Comment

How's it looking in Sonora any rain?

Comment

Got a little over a 1/2 in sw of San Saba today. Sure was great to see it. Dry dry out here.

Comment

We got about 4/10ths in between Johnson city and Blanco in about 30-45 minutes on Saturday right as we got done filling feeders. We need a lot more, that country is rough right now. Saw two bachelor groups while driving around and a few does with fawns and they all looked good despite the range conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went out to the ranch again this weekend. We received almost half an inch over two rains, but you couldn’t tell. We’ll get it when it’s our turn.
                I did see quite a few deer and was able to photograph a few of them in the early morning fog.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice pictures. We are getting rain out our lease west of Fredricksburg as well speak.

Comment

We are getting missed again..... I’m glad someone is getting it though!

Comment

Same

Comment

I was at our place in Kingsland Tues-Sun, we Rec’d close to an inch on the 4th and almost another inch on Saturday. Looked like more rain coming on Sunday when we were headed home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The USGS Water Data website has rain collection stations spread out all over the state. Some counties have more than others. They report the rain measurements pretty quickly.
                          Here's a link:

Comment

Bringing this up to the top. Going out this coming weekend for some feeder filing and setting up another protein station hopefully. I bet my cards are full on my trail cameras and I have a couple new ones to set up on water. I bet I sweat my arse off lol

Comment

We're going to the lease this weekend as well. Gonna fill feeders, check cameras, set up tripod, popup, etc.... and hopefully kill a big axis.

In case we get one, which processor(s) are good in Fredericksburg? Do they have cold storage available to hang a gutted deer after dark in the summer (late)?

Comment

TTT for you Shane. We process our own that way so I don’t have a clue.

Comment

Working...
                                X