Flu shot reactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu shot reactions?

Anyone have adverse reactions to a flu shot?

Wife got one yesterday and her arm is swollen where she took the shot and she is sick as a dog now. She was shaking and so cold last night that her teeth were chattering and she was making the bed shake! The cold and shaking have stopped, but she hurts all over and very lethargic.

Hope she gets better..
    All I got was a sore arm, for a day or so..

Comment

Never.

Comment

Could be she has the flu. Exposed maybe 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Yes I know of a few people this has happened to. Ive heard the flu shot is basically injecting you with the flu to help keep you from getting the flu. Not sure how true it is. Hope she gets better soon.

Comment

It happens.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife got a flu shot a few weeks ago and had a site reaction. Her arm was red, swollen, and hot for a few days. She never ran a fever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Got mine last week no issues. Wife got hers this week and now is sick

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddies kid got one a few years back and his whole arm swole up really bad.

Comment

Got mine yesterday. My body ached all night and I could not get comfortable. My face was hot and I had a headache. Today my body is stiff and sore.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                      Yes I know of a few people this has happened to. Ive heard the flu shot is basically injecting you with the flu to help keep you from getting the flu. Not sure how true it is. Hope she gets better soon.
                      I think that was when they were still using the LIVE cells . They started using dead cells in 2007 I think! Maybe I’m wrong- it’s happened a lot in my life.

Prayers for her comfort and prompt healing OP.

Comment

Wouldn't know, don't get vaxxed for this reason.

Comment

Flu shot kicks my but the same way. I quit taking it a few years ago. Figured if I have to feel that bad might as well just get the flu.

Funny thing is I have only had the flu 2 x’s and both times were years that I had the vaccine.

Hope she feels better soon

Comment

They say bad reactions are possible but no one in my family has had one and we get flu shots every year. I hope she feels better soon. As stated above, it could be bad timing and she may be sick with the flu from a prior exposure to a sick person.

In any event, I'm sure more anti-vaxxers will be along soon. Anti-vax is the new black.

Comment

No reaction here. Got mine Monday, but I always chase the shot with 3 advil.

Comment

Working...
                              X