Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elementary schools testing kids for covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elementary schools testing kids for covid?

We just got a call that our 4th grader was around a student who tested positive for covid. They asked if they could give her a test to see if she was positive as well. Mama agreed to it but it caught me off guard that the school district would test students. I never heard of it till today.

I have not heard of that but as a teacher, if we are close contact and say we are. we have to test every day before school if we do not want to get sent home

Comment

At least they called your wife. I have heard stories about schools randomly testing students without parents' consent.

Comment

They test for Covid, flu and strep at the school my wife teaches at.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

She came back negative but is on quarantine for 18 days.

Comment

Ours will with permission

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
              She came back negative but is on quarantine for 18 days.
              18?! That even sounds steep for Fauci...

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                18?! That even sounds steep for Fauci...
                Yep, I thought so too. Today is her homecoming parade. She’s in dance/cheer and she’s been excited about this parade for months. They told her and a few other girls they couldn’t participate in it.

Comment

My wife is a teacher and we have a 6 year old daughter. All of the kids in the school can get tested once a week IF a parent gives permission. No permission, no test.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                    Yep, I thought so too. Today is her homecoming parade. She’s in dance/cheer and she’s been excited about this parade for months. They told her and a few other girls they couldn’t participate in it.
                    She's negative but has to quarantine? Why test then?

Comment

Why do they bother testing if they're gonna quarantine for 18 days anyway? LOL

Comment

Nope, and I have no idea why any parent would let a public school official perform any kind of "Testing" on their child. That's a whole lot of privacy you're giving away to a institution historically inept at making the right decision on your freedoms and information.

Comment

I would have and have told them to pound sand regarding testing my kids over possible exposure. My kids have had it in the past three months already along with our family. No way in heck I would allow it if they are going to require quarantine anyway just send em home

Comment

18 days does not sound right at all.
                            Cdc guidance is 14days from last exposure. Some local health departments may shorten to 10days, or down to 7 with negative test on/after day 5.

My kids have always been on 10day plan when we got the calls.

Comment

luckily rockwall isd is not doing contact tracing this year. you are only quarantined if you are positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X