Need a new rangefinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a new rangefinder

Well my Leupold RX-1000 finally kicked the bucket (display faded too much to use). Leupold customer service told me "unfortunately that's not repairable, so it's time to buy a new one". Well I won't be buying another Leupold if it's going to fail after 4-5 years.

Those of you who've purchased sig kilos and have had them for a few years, are you still happy with them? Any issues crop up?

I can’t comment on the Sig but will recommend Leica. Even we’ll used mine keep ticking and ranging.....

Comment

And a fresh battery didn't fix it? That seems really odd, my 4 yo RX-1200 has been through hell and back, dropped and banged into more things than I care to count, snowed on, rained on, left out in the sun, and still works fantastic.

Sorry for the bad luck.

Comment

Those sig's are fast, way faster than my nikon. Cant attest to durability thought!

Comment

I have had a sig kilo for 4-5 years now. Had to change the battery out once so far and that's only thing I have ever done to it. Still works like a champ.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            And a fresh battery didn't fix it? That seems really odd, my 4 yo RX-1200 has been through hell and back, dropped and banged into more things than I care to count, snowed on, rained on, left out in the sun, and still works fantastic.

Sorry for the bad luck.
            Tried two different new batteries, and tried turning up the brightness. No luck. I can see the reticle just fine, but the bottom half of the display is almost completely faded out at this point (where the yardage displays). Glad yours is still good to go, I must have gotten a lemon, but Leupold doesn't warranty these like their scopes.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              Tried two different new batteries, and tried turning up the brightness. No luck. I can see the reticle just fine, but the bottom half of the display is almost completely faded out at this point (where the yardage displays). Glad yours is still good to go, I must have gotten a lemon, but Leupold doesn't warranty these like their scopes.
              Same with 2 of mine. Junk!! Love their scopes though but very disappointed in RF and lack of ability to fix display issues

Comment

Same for me. When I get a new one it’ll be vortex cause of warranty. Mine died a few years ago and was a few months out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I bought a Vortex for the se reason that their warranty covers electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                    Same for me. When I get a new one it’ll be vortex cause of warranty. Mine died a few years ago and was a few months out of warranty.

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    Same thing happened to me. I bought a Vortex for the se reason that their warranty covers electronics.
                    Hmm, that warranty is very tempting given that the kilo covers only 5 years.

Comment

Hmm, that warranty is very tempting given that the kilo covers only 5 years.

The Kilo is light years ahead of the Vortex in performance.

Comment

Academy has the Sig Kilo 1400 on sale for $150 right now.

Comment

Cant go wrong with Sig Kilo. Ive had mine since they came out. super fast ranging and very repeatable. In fact, it ranges better than my Leica Rangefinder binos.

Comment

Dang, sorry the bad luck. I never read anything bad when I bought mine, good to know once the day finally comes that I will be switching to something else!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                              Academy has the Sig Kilo 1400 on sale for $150 right now.
                              That's half the price of the Ranger 1800...I think we've found a winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X