POC Island on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POC Island on fire

Anyone know the story on it. Got called and cant find anything on it. Sent pictures and looks bad.

It was set to stop Corona from making it to mainland.

Comment

I know they do a controlled burn everyonce in awhile on the big island. I seen it a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

saw it mentioned on a POC FB page but no details

Comment

Have some buddies down there now. They were telling me it was on the island.
          Last edited by IvoryRoot; 08-03-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I’m not far from Poc and can’t see the smoke ?

Comment

I can see the smoke from Port Lavaca.

Comment

The fire is on the big island. We have a place there and my brother is currently on the island. It's still burning and the wind has changed this afternoon it's headed in a different direction now. I don't know what caused it though but hopefully no one loses a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby C View Post
                  The fire is on the big island. We have a place there and my brother is currently on the island. It's still burning and the wind has changed this afternoon it's headed in a different direction now. I don't know what caused it though but hopefully no one loses a house.

You have a pin drop on location?

Comment

Yep, I put pics in the Saltwater thread yesterday. Woke up and went outside to take a leak and saw the smoke. Someone mentioned people shooting full auto at the pond near the airport and possibly tracer rounds but that's just rumors.

Comment

This was my view yesterday, and 2nd pic was posted on our island page this morning. Hopefully they don't mind me putting their pic up.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by justletmein; 08-03-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

The last I heard the fire had made it close to the big jetties at the beach with the north winds but that wind has changed and now it's headed back toward the north. I do NOT know if it is headed toward any of those houses in the immediate area.
                        Last edited by Robby C; 08-03-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X