HOT chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOT chili?

For all of you who like to make HOT chili what do you do?
    I am cooking some that is #1 1/2 meat and I put some cayene and 1 1/2 habenero peppers in it. Should I add more or is this going to be really hot already?

Taste test, if you need more add some more.

Comment

Ok thats what I will do thanks!

Comment

Dont get too hot at first. The longer it cooks, the hotter it will get. I like to throw a few whole jalepenos in mine, then squeeze the juice into my bowl when its done for more heat if needed.

Comment

I put at least half a dozen diced habaneros (seeds and all) in my Colon Cleanin' Chili, along with a 4-5 whole jalapenos. Cayenne is a given, but I usually do it by taste.

Comment

but how much meat do you put in there? Im only putting a small amount.

Comment

my RB chili packet calls for 2# of meat

I also add Bloody Mary mix for flavor and grilled Hatch peppers for heat

you should ALWAYS make enough chili for several days as it gets better 2-3 days later when placed in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                my RB chili packet calls for 2# of meat

I also add Bloody Mary mix for flavor and grilled Hatch peppers for heat

you should ALWAYS make enough chili for several days as it gets better 2-3 days later when placed in the fridge
                I wish I could leave it to rest for a couple days but I just decided to make some this morning for a party this afternoon.

Comment

Colon Cleaning Chili.... Ouch!

Comment

Well I ended up putting 4 habenero's in there and it wasn't near as hot as I wanted it do I think next time I am going to go with 8-10.

Comment

Always taste test.

Comment

Ok just a reminder, DO NOT WIPE YOUR EYES AFTER CUTTING SERRENO'S!! It is not very pleasent!

Comment

keep this on the table, you wont be back here asking that question again

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                            This is some pretty good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                              One time at a restruant while a friend was going to the bathroom I poured a bunch of that on his plate so he would think it was ketchup and when he got a big thing of it on his fry and ate it you should have seen the look on his face!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X