• Show
Clear All

Buck Candy coated with Tinks.

Comment

Soybeans and crack

Comment

Brown brown

Comment

Tinks #69. Seen bucks make a beeline for it.

Comment

Corn/protein and food plots. The rest of it is pretty much useless, from my experience. Although, Buck Candy has worked really well to get some of my deer to get an interest in protein as they learn what it is. When I first started feeding protein, a lot of the deer would ignore it and leave it for the turkey, hogs and axis. once I started adding some Buck Candy I had more deer hitting the protein. I wouldn't call it an "attractant" but it did have a use.

Comment

Originally posted by scdavis50 View Post
              Tinks #69. Seen bucks make a beeline for it.
              I've seen a lot more deer make a beeline AWAY from Tinks (and other scents) than towards it.

My experience is that if the deer on a property are very lightly pressured they will respond to "attractants" and scents; but, if they have any amount of pressure on them, the mature bucks (and does) act like they're "deterrents!" What works and doesn't work depend, so much, on the particular property.

Comment

Corn!!

Comment

corn

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                    I've seen a lot more deer make a beeline AWAY from Tinks (and other scents) than towards it.

My experience is that if the deer on a property are very lightly pressured they will respond to "attractants" and scents; but, if they have any amount of pressure on them, the mature bucks (and does) act like they're "deterrents!" What works and doesn't work depend, so much, on the particular property.
                    I'd buy that. The only situations where I've used it have been ones where the deer weren't pressured.

Comment

Had a guy give me a bunch of Acorn Rage couple years ago. Have never used the stuff or any other and was surprised how well it worked. I poured it on the ground away from my feeder and when the feeder went off they headed straight to the Acorn Rage. Maybe because it was new yo the deer, idk but it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                        Had a guy give me a bunch of Acorn Rage couple years ago. Have never used the stuff or any other and was surprised how well it worked. I poured it on the ground away from my feeder and when the feeder went off they headed straight to the Acorn Rage. Maybe because it was new yo the deer, idk but it worked.
                        Funny you mention Acorn Rage. I poured some out in 2 places and set up cameras on them. Nothing, I mean nothing even came close to it. I think it took 2 rains to get rid of it.
                        What works once may never work again and vice versa.
                        That being said, I add Buck Candy to my feeders each filling and now I will use the smell as a cover scent.

Comment

R1 Acorn Crush.

Comment

Deer will act different from place to place.

A high protein food source like clover or especially peanuts works great.

I have used rice bran with good luck
                            Also a mix of roasted soybeans, corn, and sweet feed works good.

Comment

Favorite deer attractant?

Corn

I've used Coon Rage, Coon Candy and Coon Donkey tho. Coons love it.

Comment

Originally posted by gibowhunter View Post
                                Deer will act different from place to place.

A high protein food source like clover or especially peanuts works great.

I have used rice bran with good luck
                                Also a mix of roasted soybeans, corn, and sweet feed works good.
                                Agree

Planted peanuts or rice bran, in that order for food attractants.

Comment

Working...
                                X