Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get an update from you E-Bike hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the ones I built up in Oklahoma. 1500w can be built under $1500. Would climb all over those Oklahoma mountains with ease. Ended up selling both as that's the only reason I needed one and they dont like them used.

If you hunt pretty flat land you wont need that much power. Really never drove it above like 5-7 mph off road anyways. Depending on your terrain could maybe even get away with using hub motor kits. Only thing I say is a must is go with a fat tire bike. Fatter the better.

Comment

There are lots of types of public land. And it all depends on what type and where you go.

I've been studying up on them too Jerp. Lot's of YouTube on them, pros/cons vs. types.

Comment

Anyone have an update on use of ebike on laguna atascosa?

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
          Anyone have an update on use of ebike on laguna atascosa?
          Reading comprehension isn't your Strongsville, is it

Comment

They for sure got their place and are a great tool if in the budget

Personally I hope they are never allowed on Texas public land and wish they would outlaw them from some out of state places I hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              Reading comprehension isn't your Strongsville, is it
              Threads two years old, just wondering if anything has changed

Comment

I am pretty sure there are a couple of TPWD places you can use them

Hagerman allows them

I can't justify buying one for no more than I hunt public

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  I am pretty sure there are a couple of TPWD places you can use them

Hagerman allows them

I can't justify buying one for no more than I hunt public
                  I saw that thread and thought that was a nwr hunt like laguna. Didnt know if that was new or always has been and why would hagerman nwr allow but not laguna nwr? Confusing

Comment

The regs for Laguna say that you can use an e-bike. I think they first allowed them starting two years ago.

Comment

Always a good time when a man works hard to get into position for success and a man with no business but extra money rolls right on by. Lol

A lot like life really. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mikege1174 View Post
                        The regs for Laguna say that you can use an e-bike. I think they first allowed them starting two years ago.
                        Cool. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Always a good time when a man works hard to get into position for success and a man with no business but extra money rolls right on by. Lol

A lot like life really. Lol
                          a man with no business but extra money rolls right on by 30 min after sunrise, sipping his coffee out of his old beer hat, then comes back by an hour later with two nilgai bulls stacked on his trailer, whistling.

The problem for me wouldn't be the fact that it happened, it'd be the hours of sitting, reflecting on it.

I've hunted LA most of the past 20 years and haven't seen half the place. I just got an e-bike and I'm excited about it. That place has always lacked access. especially with the strict in-out times. Riding 3 miles with your gear sucks. Walking with it is worse... and 3 miles won't get you everywhere.

The rules are funny. I read them twice before buying the Ebike.

"Prohibited activities...use of motorized or electric carts or wagons"

"Open trails in hunt units may be accessed by foot, bicycle, or e-bike."

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use one takes some learning to use it on rough terrain. Learning how a when to shift gear is a must. But I drive right up on deer standing.

Comment

Can they tow a deer out with a buggy? Or draped over somehow?

Comment

Working...
                                X