No announcement yet.

Hostile Lease Mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be a liar if I said anything other than, I was wishing he gets his *** handed to him and he had to apologize and be kicked out of the lease with a restraining order....

Comment

Isn't grabbing a gun while cussing someone and threatening to kill them, considered a terroristic threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post
        Isn't grabbing a gun while cussing someone and threatening to kill them, considered a terroristic threat?
        No, a Terroristic Threat is a B misdemeanor (one step above a traffic citation) to threaten someone with imminent serious injury.

The same threat while displaying a deadly weapon is an Aggravated Assault and a 2nd degree felony.

The difference is a 6 month maximum sentence and a 20 year maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
          I wouldn't give 2 ****s if that guy harms himself, but you're right, it would be terrible if he hurt someone on that lease......especially if the lease manager doesn't handle this by kicking his arse off the lease, and getting a restraining order against him, like should be done.
          The guy likely isn't acting like he does just on the lease. He could go off anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TX kyleboy View Post
            The guy likely isn't acting like he does just on the lease. He could go off anywhere.
            Agreed, which I why I said I could care less if he hurts or offs himself.
            The lease manager will have blood on his hands if he lets the hothead stay on the lease, and he then hurts someone else on the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer View Post
              If the OP does not want to press charges, then there is no complainant, unless the State chooses to prosecute, but that is typically in domestic violence situations. In theory, and I am by no means pointing any blame whatsoever at the OP b/c I have moved other peoples' vehicles on leases when needed, but the threatening member could have asked the sheriff's office to file charges for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle (uumv) against the OP. I think it would be a weak case, but it least might give the crazy lease member some cover and allow him to deflect blame to the lease manager and detective that might be investigating a potential terroristic threat offense. Crazy lease member tells detective/lease manager that OP entered his vehicle and drove it without his consent, and he got upset and had intensely heated discussion with OP. I know that sounds ridiculous to 99.99 percent of us who would have either done what the OP did, or apologize to the OP once we got back to camp and realized the OP had to move the truck b/c it was blocking the road. Again, this is not meant to be seen as a knock on the OP, j ust some insight into what possible alternative interpretations are and from whose perspective. Obviously the crazy lease member was a problem before, and ideally should not have been let back on. Then he reacted in an irrational, dangerous, and threatening manner to the OP.

I know some of the responses have suggested the OP give him an attitude adjustment and/or burn his stand down (some advice maybe intended as a joke, others maybe serious), but the OP in my opinion is doing the right thing by taking the high road and letting things calm down and hope cooler/thoughtful heads prevail. In the end it it not worth the OP getting killed or seriously hurt b/c of a hunting lease altercation, or having to spend thousands of dollars on a defense attorney to represent the OP as he navigates legal and grand jury proceedings. Wish the OP the best, and am glad he has other hunting options.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                Let’s take this thread to the next level and discuss what you found in his truck...

I’m going with a goat in a dress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Found a Joe Biteme inflatable doll with a moan button.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                  F that guy, burn his stand and camper on your way out the gate to find a new lease.....
                  Then sign him up for cat facts!

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

His behavior is criminal, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        No, a Terroristic Threat is a B misdemeanor (one step above a traffic citation) to threaten someone with imminent serious injury.

The same threat while displaying a deadly weapon is an Aggravated Assault and a 2nd degree felony.

The difference is a 6 month maximum sentence and a 20 year maximum.
                        Or complaining at a school board meeting about what they are teaching the children.

Comment

Redbear,
                          Your lease manager has no balls and if you and the members think this will go away it’s not going to happen. If left unaddressed this individual will only think he has the upper hand now and it could be worse next time. Mr Dale has the right idea.

Comment

To Everyone saying the dude needs his *** kicked... Someone like that can’t take an ** whooping. They don’t learn a lesson or let it go like a normal man would. He would just seek revenge afterwards. Went to school with a guy just like that. Couldn’t handle any kind of discipline. Ended up beating his mom to a pulp and killing himself. This dude needs to be locked up... Or maybe someone will shoot him if he tries something like that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It's definitely NOT the right thing to do....BUT...

The overwhelming thought that keeps coming back to me as I read all these replies, is that the first chance someone got to beat this sumbitch to a bloody mess, would do all the world some good. I mean make sure he can't get to his pistol, then break a few ribs, loosen some teeth, and make it real hard to see for a few weeks with an axe handle or some such. Make him remember it all in his knees for a while, and I bet he'd gentle right down. I knew a truck driver as a kid that acted like this all the time, he'd probly be considered bi-polar now, but he was just considered an ******* back then, and some ol boys took it upon themselves to work him over with boots and 2X4s on a jobsite one day, and it did him a world of good for the rest of his life. Super nice guy who came around with his hat in his hand.

This kind of thing could get you put in jail, as well...but probly not for long.

I don't know about this one. The dude seems to be the real deal, and if he is, you're going to be looking over your back a long time. Seems the type that will track you down at your home and burn your house down with you in it.

OP is doing the right thing and clearly gonna have to find a new place

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Working...
                                X