Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More life and times of the mechanically uninclined...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More life and times of the mechanically uninclined...

Had my pressure washer in the garage. Honda motor. Fuel was drained about 6 months ago. Put gas in it a few weeks ago and it started on 2nd pull. Pressure washed a sidewalk and then shut off the fuel line and ran it dry. I toted it to the country to pressure wash my tractor and 4wheeler. Won't start. Drained the fuel and refilled. Checked spark in boot and plug...good. Disconnected lines to check flow on both sides. Good. Released pressure with the wand as your supposed to. Tried it with and without water. All kinds of combos. Wore myself out. Anything I'm missing. Could carb have clogged after running fine? Fuel is less than a month old and treated with red Stabil.

And don't get me started on the non-retracting pull start on the Stihl chainsaw. Grrrrrrr.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Had my pressure washer in the garage. Honda motor. Fuel was drained about 6 months ago. Put gas in it a few weeks ago and it started on 2nd pull. Pressure washed a sidewalk and then shut off the fuel line and ran it dry. I toted it to the country to pressure wash my tractor and 4wheeler. Won't start. Drained the fuel and refilled. Checked spark in boot and plug...good. Disconnected lines to check flow on both sides. Good. Released pressure with the wand as your supposed to. Tried it with and without water. All kinds of combos. Wore myself out. Anything I'm missing. Could carb have clogged after running fine? Fuel is less than a month old and treated with red Stabil.

And don't get me started on the non-retracting pull start on the Stihl chainsaw. Grrrrrrr.
    Is it sitting on level ground? I seem to remember having similar luck last go around, moved to level ground it fired off

Comment

You got a spark?
      pull plug let it hand and pull start cord to see if hot?

(sounds like kill switch is grounded out or stuck to off)

Spark+ fuel + air = combustion (if enough compression)

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
        Is it sitting on level ground? I seem to remember having similar luck last go around, moved to level ground it fired off
        Yep. Level ground. Sounded like it gasped for life once or twice so i thought I flooded it. Let it sit for an hour. No luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          You got a spark?
          pull plug let it hand and pull start cord to see if hot?

(sounds like kill switch is grounded out or stuck to off)

Spark+ fuel + air = combustion (if enough compression)
          It's hot! Don't ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
            Oil centry safety feature

Comment

Just a puff of carb cleaner in the carb. Then try. Also make sure air filter is clean.

Comment

Did you open the fuel valve ? Don’t ask how I know.

Comment

Does it have a Fuel On/Off switch?

Comment

Had a brand new Ryobi pressure washer with Honda motor do the same to me. I'm decently mechanically inclined, tore the carb apart few times ran better but never great. Got rid of it and got the electric Ryobi...much better for the light use I use it for around the house anyways. One less motor for me to maintain also as I have enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Pressure washed a sidewalk and then shut off the fuel line and ran it dry.
                      Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                      Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Does it have a Fuel On/Off switch?

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                        Haha! This could be it.....don't ask me how I know!!

Comment

Ethanol free fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                            Oil centry safety feature

I have had this drive me nuts before . Added a splash of oil and she fired right up .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I have had this drive me nuts before . Added a splash of oil and she fired right up .
                              Hmmm. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X