My 14 year old's first pig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 14 year old's first pig!

My son has been begging to kill a pig for several years now, but with no success. We don't have them where we hunt, so we have relied on some gracious friends inviting us for a shot at one. After several hunts without seeing anything, in March we got an invite from Geezy Rider. There was a thread about it, but I can't seem to find it. Long story short, nerves and an unfamiliar gun caused him to miss his shot. To say he was deflated is an understatement! Fast forward to this week and we were going to give it another shot. Got in stand straight from school, about 4:15pm. Wind wasn't perfect but it was light and we were elevated, so hoping for the best. Immediately had a doe and fawn looking for corn at about 20 yards, which was neat to see. About 6:45 a lone boar comes in from our left and skirts us in the thick brush, never presenting a shot. He wandered back to the east out of sight. It was definitely a heart pounding moment for my son! About 15 minutes later we hear squealing from the direction the boar had gone and catch movement in the brush. It's the boar again, tailing a sow and giving her the business, but she's having none of it. They come toward us, and several more pigs join them. She heads for corn and he's only got one thing on his mind, and it's not corn! I ask my son which one he's going to shoot and he says without a doubt that boar. I told him to follow that sow and wherever she went he would go. She settled in to eat and the boar approached her from behind, presenting an easy broadside shot from 25ish yards. My son wasted no time and put a .308 through his ear! He was freaking PUMPED! Well, we both were! No tracking job needed and with a little help from another lease member we got him drug out of the woods for pictures. Great memories made and an awesome evening in the woods. Geoff, I can't thank you enough for the opportunity and all you've done to put him on a pig. I'm constantly amazed by folks on this site that give to others and provide help in many ways. Truly amazing group of people. I'll let the smile in this picture say the rest:

Awesome !!! congrats young man.

Comment

Great job behind the camera!

Comment

Right in the ear hole. Atta boy. Great shooting. Good job dad.

Comment

Very nice job!!!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, that picture came out great. Saving that one for my album.

Matt, it was my pleasure to help him take his first hog. He’s a deserving young man and I know you’re proud of him.

Comment

Awesome. Sweet hair too!

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats to the young man and you too dad! And kudos to Geezy Rider for his part in helping this young man and dad get it done!

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

Nice pic and congrats to him and you too Dad. The smile says it all.

Comment

Congrats to both of Y'all!

Comment

Congratulations to this young hunter. Also congratulations to Dad and Geezy for providing the opportunity for this young man to shoot that pig. An outstanding TBH story. X2 on a great pic.

Comment

Congrats to you both

Comment

Congratulations, thats what it's all about! Great picture.

Comment

Awesome for him and great crew here to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X