Manners . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manners . .

2 weddings and 2 graduations . . Gifts for each event . . 1 thank you note . . What am I missing here? . . My next gift will be $50 less the cost of a box of thank you notes, stamps, and a pen that I'll throw in . . You're welcome . . Dammit

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
    2 weddings and 2 graduations . . Gifts for each event . . 1 thank you note . . What am I missing here?
    I'll play....You are missing 3 Thank You notes.

Comment

Did they say thank you at the events and afterwards??

If so, what does card that says thank you matter?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I'll play....You are missing 3 Thank You notes.
        Dats right . . But I'm making it easier for them to put a positive spin on the process . .

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          Did they say thank you at the events and afterwards??

If so, what does card that says thank you matter?
          No . . I sent the gifts . . And takin the time to send a card exhibits a little respect . .
          Last edited by Sharecropper; 09-09-2021, 05:39 PM.

Comment

If that’s all I had to complain about today I’d sit down and be thankful!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
              . . . Never mind . . .

Comment

It’s basically the new way of being entitled.
                My grandson bought a new to him .45 but couldn’t find (or couldn’t afford) any ammo, so, being me, I sent him a box of 100.
                Wouldn’t even know he got them if he hadn’t signed for them.
                But guess what…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another sign of the times. I sent everyone who came to my graduation a thank you regardless of whether or not they gave me anything. I was born 50 years too late though.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    Another sign of the times. I sent everyone who came to my graduation a thank you regardless of whether or not they gave me anything. I was born 50 years too late though.
                    But somewhere along the line you got the key . . You are a rare example of manners . . Thanks . . All is not lost . .

Comment

I'm hoping my Grandkids are being raised different. Times are changing for sure.

Comment

Sadly (IMO) those ways are dying. When I was a kid my mother would not let me go out and play after Christmas and birthdays until I’d hand written a thank you note for every gift. I hated it and the importance of it didn’t sink in for many years. My wife was raised the same way and we did the same thing with our boys. I still do it but don’t expect it from others anymore and haven’t in a long time. It used to be common manners like tipping your hat or standing for ladies but it is now a relic of another time. I’m not going to get worked up over it. Not a big deal I guess but I believe manners are an important building block of civil society
                        Last edited by jerp; 09-09-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

In today's world, if you get a "thanks" at the wedding, don't be surprised that you don't get a "note". Face -to-face thank-you means more than a card, plus it cost the receiver money for cards and postage. And a "hug" at the next meeting means they are appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            Does the note go to yourself? Or…..

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                              In today's world, if you get a "thanks" at the wedding, don't be surprised that you don't get a "note". Face -to-face thank-you means more than a card, plus it cost the receiver money for cards and postage. And a "hug" at the next meeting means they are appreciative.
                              But what if they are gifted by their boss or someone else who is influential in their success? . .

Comment

Working...
                              X