Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    When I go I hope they take what they can and burn the rest

Madhatter that is something to ponder on but I think God knows that your soul is not attached to the body you had on earth no matter if a part of it is still alive or not.

The Bible says we will be given new bodies. The crippling injuries, birth defects and all other "imperfections" will not be present so I would think that we would be getting all new "flesh"
    I could be wrong, no expert on the subject
    I agree with your viewpoint.
    It's just another belief, like being baptized, speaking in tongues, taking communion, etc..etc..
    Some believe in it, some don't.
    There's no way any of em could be right on all of it.

Comment

This old sin riddled, worn out body aint going to see any part of heaven. I'll be sporting a resurrection body for life everlasting.
      The wife and I are going to be cremated and buried in the same plot, next to my dad.
      And since it is a small rural church cemetery if the kids want to be buried in the same plot, there will be plenty of room.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        When I go I hope they take what they can and burn the rest

Madhatter that is something to ponder on but I think God knows that your soul is not attached to the body you had on earth no matter if a part of it is still alive or not.

The Bible says we will be given new bodies. The crippling injuries, birth defects and all other "imperfections" will not be present so I would think that we would be getting all new "flesh"
        I could be wrong, no expert on the subject
        I have to agree. If we know Jesus, when we pass away, the soul steps out of the earthly body and goes to heaven. It doesn't matter what happens to to body after that. If you don't know Jesus, consider joining the team. I'm going to see Jesus. Hope to see everyone there.

Comment

The Catholic church is ok with it. I'm not sure about the spreading of the remains though.

Think about this. Your best friend died...would you rather kneel next to him or an urn? You will be the friend one day. Some family and friends may want to see you for the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
            The Catholic church is ok with it. I'm not sure about the spreading of the remains though.

Think about this. Your best friend died...would you rather kneel next to him or an urn? You will be the friend one day. Some family and friends may want to see you for the last time.
            I’m with you on this,When I go to a viewing of a loved on it kinda brings closure to the situation.My wishes are to have a viewing or wake and then cremation.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ezPvzKe5M"]The Big Lebowski - Donny's Ashes Scene (12/12) | Movieclips - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I only heard this rumor recently. To me it falls into unbiblical traditions like “Christians can’t have any alcohol.”

Here’s what the Bible says about it:

But when the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead heard what the Philistines had done to Saul, all the valiant men arose and went all night and took the body of Saul and the bodies of his sons from the wall of Beth-shan, and they came to Jabesh and burned them there. And they took their bones and buried them under the tamarisk tree in Jabesh and fasted seven days (1 Sam. 31:11-13).

It appears that burial was traditional for Israel. So was circumcision and not eating pork or shellfish…

Comment

Doesn't really answers the op post. But I have a few sayings in life. I know where I deserve to go and dang sure don't want to be preheated. Burial for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    I want my family to do whatever is cheapest.

Currently that is cremation.
                    The most inexpensive way is whole body donation.

Free of charge within 100 miles of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Goat1 View Post
                      Doesn't really answers the op post. But I have a few sayings in life. I know where I deserve to go and dang sure don't want to be preheated. Burial for me.
                      Worms have to eat too...

Comment

Should have come to see me when I was alive

I would rather remember folks the way I saw them alive than laying in a coffin anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Worms have to eat too...
                          Worms gotta eat same as buzzards! Josey Wales!

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                            Worms gotta eat same as buzzards! Josey Wales!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              I want my family to do whatever is cheapest.

Currently that is cremation.
                              Amen!

Comment

From what I have been told after dealing with cremation when an uncle died and being Catholic, the Catholic church is ok with cremation, but not the scattering of ashes.
                                My uncle spoke with his priest to ask about cremation. His ashes are buried in an urn next to his mother, my grandmother.

Comment

Working...
                                X