No announcement yet.

25-06 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Savage Axis 25-06 that shoots 1/2” 5 shot groupings with remington core lokt at 100 yards. I’m working on reloads for it now.
    For Texas, I think it would be hard to beat.

Comment

Had one built on 03A3 action back when it was Wildcat..One my fav all time Calibers...wish I still had my original.

Comment

I have a Ruger MK II that shoots coreloket 100 grns. very well. I was going to reload, but it shoots factory rnds. so good and are cheaper than reloading. It has always laid deer down and doesn't tear up much meat. As already stated it is light on the shoulder.

Comment

Had a Browning A-bolt - wouldn't group worth a hoot - tried many brand of ammo - final got it to group to 2" - shot 2 deer both ran - 200 plus yards - shot placement was spot on - go figure - now shoot .308 sub MOA - never had a rifle shoot so sweet - 7 deer - total trail (all combined) 50 yards!!!

Comment

the best cal. rifle I've ever owned, killed several deer with it. I wish I had another one.

Comment

It is my go to Axis, Whitetail and hog medicine to date.
              The quarter bore is very underrated. 115gr Winchester Supreme been sitting
              them down for me. Watched a vid that said it has recoil of 243, flat as a 308 and hits like a 270. Out of a Encore platform rifle. Good comparison. I have no complaints and am confident it will kill any size game in Texas. 250lb+ boars included.
              Of course shot placement is always key.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                How's the blood trail if it doesn't DRT?
                Always had generous pass-through with the 120 grn. rounds, Speer Grand Slams. Blood trail tremendous.

Comment

I own 2. A weatherby MK V ultralight, and a Tikka T3 lite. Both shoot extremely well.
                  Grandson shot his first deer with the weatherby last Saturday. Hit it a bit high with a 115 gr. partition and she went 50 feet. The deer was only 60 feet, but nerves got him, I wanted him to hit high shoulder to stop the deer right there due to thick brush. Hr had been shooting 2.25" groups at the range (I shot a .433" group). He wants the Weatherby, but he can have the Tikka while I am alive, although it shoots lights out too.

Comment

Remington Model 700 with Hornaday SST. It's all I carry. Doesnt leave much of a blood trail but you rarely need one.

Comment

It's a great caliber for Texas. We have had several in my family and still have 2 of them now. My wife's rifle in a .25-06. It was my father-in-law's favorite caliber and he used it for pretty much everything. What's not to like? Fast, flat, accurate, easy to load for and kills critters dead without a ton of recoil.

Comment

Awesome round. Was my go to for many years before I started bow hunting. IT got some use a few years ago when the boy wanted to start using it. I was shooting 100gr Noslers out of it. Nothing got away.

Comment

Awesome round. Actually upgraded to a custom barrel, able to load up to 132 grains and it is one incredible long distance shooter.

Comment

Rem 700 BDL 25.06 - The only hunting rifle I own

Comment

I want another one

Comment

It's an awesome quarter bore! I shoot 120 nosler partitions out of mine. I've killed Whitetail, Mule Deer, Antelope, and Elk with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X