Mike Hood's prop repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Hood's prop repair

Anybody heard of 'em? I need a prop fixed & Hood's is quite a bit closer than Baumanns. and I HATE drivin in Houston. Baumanns does not pick up anymore, our local boat dealer told me. Never heard of Hood's, just saw 'em on the net. Just askin.

It's been a pretty long time ago, but they (Hood's) did excellent repair work for me, on a couple of props.

Comment

They have been around for a long time and have a reputation of doing good work. We have had a few props built by them and others repaired by them. Have never had any issues with any of them. Good customer service and very friendly in my dealings with them. I haven't been there in a few years but last time I went the father was running it. I believe that Mike (the son) passed away a number of years ago and his Dad was running it last time I went there. Either way, I have only had positive experiences with them and I have only ever heard of people having positive experiences with them. I want to say that they have been around for 30+ years but I could be wrong.

Comment

Both v good If ya in Hurry Bauman is generally faster.. but its been awhile since i used both...Hoods used to be on 35 on R goin into H Bauman was in Navagition dist

Comment

They've been in business for ever so that says something in itself.

I've taken 3 props to them over the years and never a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post
            They have been around for a long time and have a reputation of doing good work. We have had a few props built by them and others repaired by them. Have never had any issues with any of them. Good customer service and very friendly in my dealings with them. I haven't been there in a few years but last time I went the father was running it. I believe that Mike (the son) passed away a number of years ago and his Dad was running it last time I went there. Either way, I have only had positive experiences with them and I have only ever heard of people having positive experiences with them. I want to say that they have been around for 30+ years but I could be wrong.

WOW, I had not heard about Mike passing!! He sure did good prop work. I always used his shop over Bauman's. Always got good work at a fair price.
            He helped me keep an old vintage '70 model 50 HP Merc with a 2 blade brass prop going for years... I was pretty good at bending those ol' brass props and spinnin' the hubs...

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
              X