Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a couple guys to go work in Montana for a few months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a couple guys to go work in Montana for a few months.

This is entry level helper for a trenching machine on a pipeline project. Its short term employment but it pays a decent wage and getting hours shouldn’t be a problem. Job should last 2-3 months. Must be willing to travel. It’s hot dirty greasy work. If any of you guys are interested or know someone that is they can apply @ hlchapman.com
    It’s a prevailing wage Job so should pay pretty good. I’m not sure of exact figures at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the Montana Davis Bacon Laborer rates, sounds like a good summer job.

LABORER
    Group 1.....................$ 20.90 9.60
    Group 2.....................$ 23.97 9.60
    Group 3.....................$ 24.19 9.60
    Group 4.....................$ 25.18 9.60
    GROUP 1: Flag Person
    GROUP 2: All General Labor work; Burning Bar; Bucket Man; Carpenter Tender; Caisson Worker; Cement Mason Tender; Cement Handler (dry); Chuck Tender; Choker Setter; Concrete Worker; Curb Machine-Lay Down; Crusher and Batch Plant Worker; Fence Erector; Form Setter; Form Stripper; Heater Tender; Landscaper; Pipe Wrapper; Pot Tender; Powderman Tender; Rail and Truck Loaders and Unloaders; Riprapper; Sealants for Concrete and other materials; Sign Erection, Guard Rail and Jersey Rail; Stake Jumper; Spike Driver; Signalman; Tail Hose man; Tool Checker and Houseman; Traffic Control Worker.
    GROUP 3: Concrete Vibrator; Dump man (Grade man); Equipment Handler; Geotextile and Liners; High-Pressure Nozzleman; Jackhammer (Pavement Breaker); Laser Equipment; Non-riding Rollers; Pipelayer; Posthole Digger (power); Power Driven Wheelbarrow; Rigger; Sandblaster; Sod-Cutter-power; Tampers
    GROUP 4: Asphalt Raker; Cutting Torch; Grade Setter; High-Scaler; Power Saws (Faller & Concrete); Powderman ($1.00 per hour above Group 4 rate); Rock & Core Drill; Track or Truck Mounted Wagon Drill; Welder including Air Arc
    LABORERS ZONE PAY:
    The hourly wage rates applicable to each project shall be determined by measuring the road miles over the shortest practical maintained route from the County Court House of the following cities only to the center of the job: Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, Missoula.
    ZONE 1: 0 to 25 miles - Free
    ZONE 2: 25 to 50 miles - Base Pay +$2.50
    ZONE 3: Over 50 miles - Base Pay +$3.00

Comment

If I was an 21 year old without a care in the world I’d jump on this quicker than ****. Sounds like a great experience for someone without any responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        If I was an 21 year old without a care in the world I’d jump on this quicker than ****. Sounds like a great experience for someone without any responsibilities.
        Amen to that

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Heck, I'm over 50 and I'm thinking about it... It's a young mans game.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
            Same here....

Comment

HL Chapman is a good company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of 50 year old guys work for us. The physical labor part of it isn’t that bad but 60-70 hour weeks start to take a toll on you after awhile when your 1500 miles from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                  Lots of 50 year old guys work for us. The physical labor part of it isn’t that bad but 60-70 hour weeks start to take a toll on you after awhile when your 1500 miles from home.

Where do you stay/live on a job like this?

Comment

Must of our guys carry a travel trailer with them but some will do the motel thing. Where you stay is entirely up to you.

Comment

I’m a safety manager for a specialty construction company based in the Houston area. I work all over the US and did projects in Montana this year and last year. I enjoy the time spent out west.

Depending on where in Montana this is, I may know of some good lodging opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                        It’s not so much the age that’s stopping me, but the kids and responsibilities. Heck I’d consider it at 50+ once the kids are out of the house if the wife was tired of looking at me

Comment

Job runs actually starts in Wyoming and runs north east to Baker Montana. Warehouse will be in Belle Fourche

Comment

Who's the pipeline contractor?

Comment

Would have been great for my college son. If it would have started in May he would have been back for fall semester.

Comment

Working...
                              X