What’s the best lease that you’ve been to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the best lease that you’ve been to

Let start a thread that talks about the best lease that you’ve been to.
    Yearly lease fee
    Cabin
    Acreage
    Number of hunters
    Ponds/lakes
    Class of deer

I know some of y’all have some story’s that make us jealous but should be fun to read about

Started $800/ea - Ended @ $1100/ea
    Travel Trailers
    510 acres
    5 hunters
    3 ponds
    144 score of largest buck killed (not me)
    18 miles south of Goldthwaite in Mills Co.
    Fun lease with great friends. Had very strong width genetics. Arrowed my first buck on that place. Had a super sweet lady owner, when she passed and it became her daughter’s & her ***hole husband’s, it was the beginning of the end.

Comment

7000 acres along the red river north of Clarksville. House with mld permits. Duck sloughs. Wheat fields. $3/acre. Super fun place.

Comment

3900 ac in Kansas under one fence
        6 bowhunters @ $20,000 per year
        House, barns, etc
        Every year we had 180-200 class deer shot or seen
        Thought it was going to be a forever place but a rich guy from north Kansas started buying ranches in the area and ours was sold, hunting was over

Comment

I liked the place outside of Junction about maybe 10yrs ago? Memory is fading, thinking $2k 1100ac. Liked the Victoria lease I was on for about 6yrs, but did get tired of mud, humidity and mosquitoes. Lease manager was ( is ) a great guy, as good as they come. My favorite overall is probably the one I'm on now. Between Menard/Junction. Only real issue is I rarely get to go, haven't even been turkey hunting this year.... Good group of guys, good property.

Only place I didn't really like was near Harper.

Can't complain at all, overall have had good experiences with the properties and people.

Comment

The one we are on now! No particulars but it is dirt cheap with 2 great friends and family and the land owners are great and neighbors are not the shoot if you see brown type.

Comment

Had one in Lampasas County. Family lease. We had campers , water, and electricity. 500 acres with many turkey, hogs, exotics, doves, and many days with our family. Cooking, 4 wheeling with the grandkids, finding sheds, and just relaxing. It was a great lease until it sold.lll

Comment

Buckle L ranch 10 miles south of Childress 36,000 acres. We had a 6000 ac. pasture, $2200 and plenty of big deer. My best was 188 6/8", low fence. Ranch sold in 2005.

Comment

800 ac. 5 guns. All of us had our own cabin. Common shower and toliet and cooking area. Largeat buck 172 east texas

Comment

35000 acres north of Van Horn. We had it for the entire mule deer season for 30+ years. Started out at $550 per gun in about 1980 and was $2500 when I left in 2010.

Comment

I wouldn’t say it was an awesome quality deer lease, but we hunted outside of Rio Grande city for a few years and was only $425/year.

Lots of pigs, every once in a while some big old bucks would step out, and place had a house with electricity.

Only downside was the owners were moving some not so legal stuff lol (guess that’s why the lease fee was so cheap)

Comment

Been to a couple of nice places. Only stand out place was Argentina dove hunting and lodging. I enjoy our place 600 acres 4 blinds, good number of deer, house is up on a hill(I think that this is the key to enjoying a ranch), no rules really, everybody pitches in to help. All hunt splitting all costs.

Been to a couple of big ranches 3000+, so any of you all get frustrated with the time frame it takes to get to the stands. I enjoy a smaller plot where in 5 -7 minutes I’m at the stand. Riding a bumpy road for 30 minutes would be frustrating.

I think my key is
                        Hunting with good group of friends
                        Good lodging- with elevated view
                        Ample animals (don’t have to be book makers)

Comment

800 acres next door in Colorado County. $200 a bow. All my buddies and some nice bucks, pigs, and turkeys. Guy from Houston owned the place. Never came down.

Comment

Alexanders ranch on highway 2 Coahuila Mexico early 80’s, he removed guns from cowboys possession and they grew naturally without feed. I was a youngster and not in charge but I think we paid 7k for the whole ranch. It would be fun to go back but it would be pricey for sure

Comment

32 acres for $150 per year from 1986 to about 2000, then we voluntarily paid an extra $150 to make it $300 per year. Killed multiple 140’s up to 157. Bought it in 2017 so really paying for it now!

Comment

Working...
                              X