Foods you just have not had the opportunity to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StanS806 View Post
    In spite of my advanced years I've never tried lamb.. Not opposed to it, just haven't gone after it.
    It’s mighty good if butchered at the right age. I raise and butcher my own lambs and goats and they are fine table fare.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Birria tacos. I am obsessed with trying these. Why I still haven’t is beyond me.

They are pretty easy to make .

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        I keep hearing about butter beans. I’ve never had em. Some say I’m missing out. I’m just not sure. I still haven’t had a good blue crab out of the Gulf. What are you missing?
        Don't know if you are missing out, but they are good, especially if the cook threw in a ham bone and simmered it with the beans.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          I almost forget: I’ve never had Wagyu or Kobe beef. I specifically want to try olive wagyu, which is supposed to be the rarest beef in the world. I found a place selling it last month during what I guess is their harvest season, so now I have an olive wagyu ribeye in my freezer. Still need to cook it though. I am VERY excited about it too.
          was it frozen when you got it?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Very few items on my list. Wife and I will do a bag of snails in garlic and butter for lunch.

Currently chasing a bowl of turtle soup in Houston. Looks like I have to buy a sports coat to get into Brennens. Guess I should have one or two in the closet anyway.

Any other ideas on turtle soup in H town??????
            Had sea turtle soup with a turtle steak when I went to Honduras. Very good stuff.

Comment

I sold auto parts in S Louisana for years. Have had it many times. Just fard to find in Houston. I really do have to buy a sport coat to get a bowl.........

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                I keep hearing about butter beans. I’ve never had em. Some say I’m missing out. I’m just not sure. I still haven’t had a good blue crab out of the Gulf. What are you missing?
                not much difference in them and Lima beans

Comment

Originally posted by StanS806 View Post
                  In spite of my advanced years I've never tried lamb.. Not opposed to it, just haven't gone after it.
                  you haven't missed anything. Can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    Ate there 2 weeks ago. It must be an off the menu item.........
                    I think it’s just a Friday special.

Comment

Roasted tuna head. Pick and eat

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                        menudo. just never been that hungover
                        Ordered this two Sundays ago after church, literally the grosses thing I have ever put in my mouth. All around me were people loving it, I have no clue how!!!!

Comment

I've heard Nutella is awesome.... I need to buy some next time I'm at the store.

Besides that count me in on the horse meat crew. I actually spent a couple hours in Paris once looking for it since I've always heard its a delicacy in France. I looked up the French world for horse = cheval. Then I walked up and down the street scouring the menus posted outside the restaurants for the word cheval. Finally found a cheval burger mentioned and immediately went in and asked for a table. Ordered it and was happily surprised that it taste EXACTLY like beef! I mentioned this to the waitress and she laughed saying it was beef! Apparently the actual translation of the menu item = "fried egg riding atop burger as if it was a horse"....... that being said 10 years later I still have yet to taste horse :/

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            was it frozen when you got it?
                            It was indeed. They shipped it from Japan in a Styrofoam box with dry ice. Even came with a fancy certificate from the farm the cow was raised on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Tide pods....
                              Smart, you owe me a new keyboard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                                I don’t know how it came up in conversation but somehow we got to talking about eating horse. I’d love to try a big old horse steak someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                had one in Europe. It was GREAT! little sweeter than beef. Was Shocked!

Comment

Working...
                                X