Satellite TV Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite TV Help

Always surprises me the info on TBH, so I thought I would ask. I have Direct TV at my place on Buchanan for a few years. It started acting up a little, picture freezes, so I called. They sent someone out and he tracked it down a problem with the satellite. He said he can't fix it because of the location of the dish, which they originally installed.

Dish is mounted on the facia of the second story, you can see in the picture. The satellite on the second story is internet. You can literally walk out a door almost right below the dish onto almost a flat roof.

Been back and forth with Direct TV and it was left as they would cancel, and or refund, or they said some third party installers don't follow the same guidelines and I could maybe get another installer to do it. I told the guy give me the part and I would do it, but he wouldn't. I have tried to find a third party installer, but have not had any luck. Or they will move the dish to my yard, which is covered in trees, which is why the first installer put it where he did.

I would cancel except I want sports, and the internet is not great. And not sure if Dish will do the same thing. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Cancel direct tv. They are overpriced anyways

Comment

If you know what part or parts you want, try amazon. I bought another setup from them and installed it at Buchanan a few years ago.

Comment

You can come get the dish from my roof and change it out. It was working when we cancelled them.

Comment

Best thing I ever did was cancel those crooks.

Comment

What exactly are they telling you is wrong? I design satellite communication systems for a living. The part on your house is the antenna. The satellite is in space.

The antenna consists of the dish and the feed/LNB unit. If the dish has a clear view in the direction of the satellite, the feed is aligned to the dish, the LNB has power, and it is all pointed correctly it should work.

You can buy everything you need on Amazon. I’ll be glad to help you out. It’s not very difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buddy had the same issue. They said they would install on a post in the side yard but would not get on the roof period. Trees are an issue for him. I would try to find a used one and replace the coax yourself and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                Cancel direct tv. They are overpriced anyways
                Not going to argue with that, but my choices are limited.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  What exactly are they telling you is wrong? I design satellite communication systems for a living. The part on your house is the antenna. The satellite is in space.

The antenna consists of the dish and the feed/LNB unit. If the dish has a clear view in the direction of the satellite, the feed is aligned to the dish, the LNB has power, and it is all pointed correctly it should work.

You can buy everything you need on Amazon. I’ll be glad to help you out. It’s not very difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Lol, ya I understand what your saying on satellites and dishes. He told me it was not the view of the dish, or the alignment. He told me it must be the LNB, it was reading low signal from there. Again I may not be using the correct language. But he told me the LNB, which is the part on the dish, correct? That's why I told him give me the part and I will swap it. I have done tailgate and deer lease set ups in the past.

I don't have a problem getting the part and putting it on. I realize it is dumb, but it is my place to go to relax and I like to be able to watch some games while I am there. Maybe one day the internet will be better and I can stream or do something else. I have a TV set up in the shop where we hang out.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

If there is no obstruction, probably the LNB going out. Easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                      If there is no obstruction, probably the LNB going out. Easy fix.
                      Yep, I didn't realize I could just get one Amazon. Going up tomorrow to mow so I will look at it and make sure I order the right one.

Comment

We cancelled Dtv, now use Roku, smart tv. several apps.. no dish.
                        Cut over 50% from our dtv bill
                        We have youtube.. youtube tv.
                        Have more programming now than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                          We cancelled Dtv, now use Roku, smart tv. several apps.. no dish.
                          Cut over 50% from our dtv bill
                          We have youtube.. youtube tv.
                          Have more programming now than ever before.
                          I am sure that is true. Georgetown would not be a problem, but up there internet is not fast at all. and cell is not great.

Comment

Working...
                          X