Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    My suggestion:

Make sure you attend the correct wedding.
    Deep Thoughts by gingib

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      Nailed it!

All I'll say about the highlighted is this...kids aren't stupid. The day of reckoning will come if you do your part. Keep your nose clean, don't speak ill of their mother, pay your CS, and spend every moment with your kids that you can and make it quality time. I had my daughter every weekend and she never heard me say one bad thing about her mother. The same couldn't be said from the other side it didn't take long before she figured out that I cared more about her than I did myself, and its paid off in so many ways in the last 15 years. She is now approaching her mid twenties, is in college after taking a few years off to travel on the cheap (basically ended up hobo'ing across the country to see places that she wanted to before she settled down), is dating a young man who she has known since high school...and when she needs advice, she calls me. I've had more than a few of her friends tell me "she respects you greatly for being the man you've been in front of her, being one of the few people that she could count on and rely on"

I don't say that to pat myself on the back, I feel that I have failed miserably as a father all too many times...I just want to encourage you fellas to not focus on the money (it sucks, I know all too well), but instead to focus on your kids and invest quality time in them and you'll reap the dividends as they get older and realize the truth of life

This is exactly how I am approaching it. I know how smart my daughter is and she tells me things that I don't ask about and it tells me she knows what is really going on.

Comment

Phenomenal advice above.

Life has a way of telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
          I can't figure out which move was more satisfying...
          I danced a jig when I block her number.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            I danced a jig when I block her number.
            Hell, I might dance naked in the road when I get to block my ex's number.

Comment

This explains all the good that comes out of family court.
              Attached Files

Comment

From talking with a bunch of my buddies going through what you're experiencing. It seems like CS is a scheme for the AG to make money and less about ensuring the welfare of the kiddos.

What I've not figured out is how my other buddy is not getting an adjustment (lower) on his. The job he had went away and now he's making half of what he was making. Funny thing is he said they won't lower the monthly amount.

As I stated seems like a racket to me.

Comment

You would think there would be accountability by the person receiving the CS monies to prove what the monies was spent on specifically. Is there?

Comment

Efff the system... it's set up for moms. I paid 180k Over the last 12 years cash for my 1 daughter. I'm good with the support but when it almost bankrupt's you that's too far.

I made my last payment in May. And man it feels great.... hang in there brother..

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Efff the system... it's set up for moms. I paid 180k Over the last 12 years cash for my 1 daughter. I'm good with the support but when it almost bankrupt's you that's too far.

I made my last payment in May. And man it feels great.... hang in there brother..

New boat for celebration.

My best friend finish his at the end of may when his daughter graduated.

That was one happy dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a long history with this. I am suppose to be paid child support but you can’t hardly get that AG to do anything to the moms. I was awarded custody and went down to a class at the Montgomery county AG office. Bunch of dang man hatters down there. I have never been treated so rudely in my life. They can all pound sand!

Comment

Been there done that bought that tshirt 10x over

Think this belongs here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            New boat for celebration.

My best friend finish his at the end of may when his daughter graduated.

That was one happy dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Haha... yes sir if I ever get it

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              Hell, I might dance naked in the road when I get to block my ex's number.
                              This might be the reason you are in the situation you are...........just sayin'

Comment

Well, my soon to be ex wife had a baby in March and just got DNA results back today. As Maury says, " Mike, you are NOT the father!". No CS for me. My youngest son lives with me, so assuming she doesn't change her mind I will be child support free forever. We'll, as long as my vasectomy holds up...

Comment

Working...
                                X