Good Eats in Harlingen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marc.munoz31 View Post
    Longhorn Cattle Company. Best cup of beans!

Meeting up with some other families Friday night and it’s looking like this will be pick. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Eats in Harlingen?

Any more info on this summer camp? Surprised I wasn’t sent to it as a kid but interested for my boys when they’re older.

Edit: Sorry OP didn’t mean to hijack

Comment

A buddy of mine from the area just pinged me to say he has a gun coming in & I asked on the grub issue...he says Pepe's on 77 Sunshine Strip is best in town for mexican & prefers Longhorn Steakhouse in front of Bass Pro over any other local. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          A buddy of mine from the area just pinged me to say he has a gun coming in & I asked on the grub issue...he says Pepe's on 77 Sunshine Strip is best in town for mexican & prefers Longhorn Steakhouse in front of Bass Pro over any other local. FWIW.
          Pepes is good but I think Las Vegas Cafe is probably the best tasting food in town.

Comment

I would say Frankie Flav's, la Playa, and Pepe's....I've never been impressed by Las Vegas cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
              I would say Frankie Flav's, la Playa, and Pepe's....I've never been impressed by Las Vegas cafe.
              I went to Frankies this weekend, always good food. The Las Vegas plate is hands down the best plate I’ve had in the Harlingen area. It’s a lot of food maybe that’s why I like it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                X2.

I’m not sure if people love Las Vegas because it’s been around for so long or something, but the food is nothing to be impressed about.

Longhorn cattle company is pretty good, but not great. Honesty my favorite thing about the place is the beans and banana pudding.
                Last edited by BigRed323; 06-22-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  X2.

I’m not sure if people love Las Vegas because it’s been around for so long or something, but the food is nothing to be impressed about.

Longhorn cattle company is pretty good, but not great. Honesty my favorite thing about the place is the beans and banana pudding.
                  My favorite thing is the banana pudding also…

Comment

What's the restaurant in Los Flores with a ladies name? Very good plate of cheese enchiladas with chile con carne and onions.

Julia's. The other food is good too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 06-22-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                      Pepes is good but I think Las Vegas Cafe is probably the best tasting food in town.
                      X2

Comment

If you can eat a lot I would get the Las Vegas plate. It has 2 good size fajita tacos 2 enchiladas rice and beans. Ask for jalapeño and onions on the side. I can barely finish that plate and I can eat a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
                          Any more info on this summer camp? Surprised I wasn’t sent to it as a kid but interested for my boys when they’re older.

Edit: Sorry OP didn’t mean to hijack

No worries. Here's a link to their site. https://www.mma-tx.org/summer-camp/ and https://www.summer-camp-mma.com

Comment

Before you drop him stop at the Iwo Jima memorial across the street-I was there just 2 weeks ago and it was very humbling

There is a lot to read about the history of the situation

Comment

Good for y'all. I went to MMA when I was 15. It was a life changing experience. It was tough as that was the first *** kicking of my life. The 12yo's didn't have it as bad as the older kids who were separated. Cafeteria food was great. Let me know how he does! Send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                                Flying in to Harlingen with my 12 yr old son this Friday to drop him off for Marine Military Academy's summer camp beginning Saturday. I'd like to find a good place to stuff our faces for dinner and breakfast. Any recommendations?
                                I'm in Harlingen. Pepes is a hole in the wall on Business 77 about 5 minutes from MMA but awesome Mexican food. Breakfast would be Mi Rancho which is just before you get to Pepes on the same side. If you like Burgers, dinner would be Chili Willies in Arroyo City, about 25 minutes from Harlingen, or Frankie Flav'z which is just down the road from MMA as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X