No announcement yet.

Lumber prices are falling fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish it would have happened several months ago! I’m about 2-3 weeks from move in on our new Barndo. Luckily I got all my steel before the increase but I didn’t get so lucky with my lumber. Now I’ll just sit back and wait for the steel to get back to normal to build my shop.

Comment

Lumber futures were over $1,700 at the peak. Now around $700

IMO this is close to the new bottom of lumbers range. Hopefully it stays down here until prices in stores come down.

Yes, I know "down here" is still higher than a cats rear

Comment

Bought two sheets of 7/16 osb last week for 132 and change….. still shaking my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
          Bought two sheets of 7/16 osb last week for 132 and change….. still shaking my head.
          I bought a sheet of plywood last weekend to replace a floor in my deer stand. They should sell KY Jelly at the checkout counters...

Comment

Anyone looking for OSB I found it for $35 4x8 sheets.Pm me for details.

Comment

Plywood is crazy high prices ... Glad we got our Cabin deck with roof built last year .. It cost us $3500 and probably would be $10K + now for a 16 x20 area

Comment

Lumber has definitely come down over the last three weeks, but any and all structural panels (plywood, OSB) will continue to rise through the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by etxbuckman View Post
                  i bought a sheet of plywood last weekend to replace a floor in my deer stand. They should give away ky jelly at the checkout counters...
                  fify

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                    Lumber has definitely come down over the last three weeks, but any and all structural panels (plywood, OSB) will continue to rise through the foreseeable future.
                    This is what they said when I bought it. Said it was still rising

Comment

I was going through Alvin, Tx. Had to stop for a train. Off to the side area of the tracks. I counted 50 stacks of fresh new lumber. At least 10 of the flatbed train car was loaded with lumber. If nobody is buying it, they will hopefully seeing prices drop

Comment

Am I correct in the below that there is one thing and one thing only creating the great wood crisis of '21?

No shortage of raw materials (trees)
                        No shortage of wood mill workers
                        No shortage of ply resins
                        No shortage of treating chemicals
                        No shortage of logistical transportation
                        No shortage of retail/commercials suppliers
                        Just increase in demand for wood

Comment

Exactly it’s dropping at wholesale level, not at the retail level. I will bet the mills and warehouses are plum full.

Comment

1/2 x4x8 regular plywood is still 2X the price it was last year at this time ..

Comment

Studs/2x material is dropping but sheet goods are still up slightly month over month. They will probably follow soon but not yet.

Comment

BIL got his quote for his house build and it rose $6k from where it was 2 months ago. Lumber yards are fighting to make good profit.

Comment

Working...
                                X