Xpress Bay or G3 Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xpress Bay or G3 Bay

Looking for a new boat and think I have narrowed it down to these two.

Xpress H22 or H24 Hyperlift Hull

G3 Bay 22 DLX

Anyone have any personal experience with either of these two boats.

Pros/cons?

Seems like the G3 is welded hull but riveted deck. Where as Xpress is fully welded.

If you haven't looked, look at Alweld. When I was in the market many years ago, that is what I settled on based on quality.

Comment

I have a G3 1860 tunnel hull. It has been a great little boat. I am going to sell it next year and have owned it since 05. It will run shallow as any boat and shallower than most. I think I draft 9" at rest and can fish the back lakes with ease. It is light and easy to trailer. The downside is the boat can not handle open water. It wasn't built for it, but it would be nice if it could handle a little more than chop. It is a perfect river and back lake boat for the coast.

Comment

Have you Looked at Havoc Boats?
        Their selection is second to none
        Last edited by BigOh!; 05-05-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

No experience with g3 so I won't speak on them. Friend of mine has an express H20 that I fish out of quite a bit with him. I'm impressed every trip how well it handles chop for what it is. It has a few cracked welds,(where deck meets sides, nothing that effects the boats performance) but he fishes it hard. Seems like a very nice boat.

Someone above mentioned havoc, I have only fished out of 1, and only once, but I was not impressed at all. It's similar to my boat as it's a 16' "semi V" and we stuck it in about knee deep water. Also didn't seem to take the chop as well as mine (which doesn't do chop very well). He also spent over 20k for hull, motor, and galvanized trailer.

My .02

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Uncal J makes a nice tin rig also

Comment

I looked at both brands when I bought my xpress in 2006. I bought the xpress. It was a good starter boat but as mentioned didnt like open water. I also had some weld issues when I sold in 10 years later.

Comment

I have the H22B with a 175. We have owned it now for 1 year. so far no complaints. No issues. Would buy again if i was looking.

Comment

I have had a h20 bay for 3 years now. Love it and zero complaints. Does everything I bought it do and does them well��

Comment

That hyperlift is a pad isn't it, so probably draft more at rest and ride more like a bass boat up top? You didn't mention where you're fishing but I'd ASSume the G3 would be better on the coast and the Xpress better for big lakes. Those are both well respected brands and good boats though, just throwing out stuff to complicate your decision more, sorry.

Comment

I have a 2016 Xpress H20B I bought new and really like it. Mine has a 115 Yamaha sho. I added a power pole, on board 3 bank charger and swim ladder. I wished I’d got the 150hp motor. Mine runs 42mph with 2 men loaded. Not too bad.

Comment

I have a 2017 G3 1860 tunnel it has been a great boat mine does ok with a little Chop
                        but it isn't a great rough water boat. It will get through it but not like the fiberglass boat which I didn't want simply because I don't enjoy fishing when wind is more than 25mph.

Comment

Where the hull cuts the water while on the plane will tell you how it will handle rough conditions.

If it cuts at or in front of the console, look out. If aft of the console, it will be much more enjoyable.

This is one of the multiple factors I liked about the Alweld I ended up with.

Comment

Had an H20B for about 8 months with a 115 SHO (Bobs JB - is a must and I tried 3 different props before settling on a 4 blade PT to find the right pitch = could get 44 mph loaded with two guys and gear). It was solid in chop running across the bay but also it would take some hits because it’s so light. IMO it’s a solid boat but at the same they do cut corners and some of the finish/hardware is where they save money. I previously had a 22ft pathfinder and a 21ft frontier CC and the fishing space and design was much more user friendly than the Xpress. Hope this helps...
                            Last edited by gneimeth; 05-06-2021, 05:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                            X