No announcement yet.

GFCI....where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My house in Round Rock , had GFCI's behind the Dishwasher , under the sink for the Garbage disposal , behind the fridge, behind the washer and in the master bath. It took me an entire weekend once to track the one behind the dishwasher when I tripped an outside outlet. There was no rhyme or reason for the circuits they controlled. Good luck

Comment

Voltmeter in every outlet today....and the room was back on. This was def not GFCI, as much as I wanted to believe it was.

The culprit was a loose neutral connection on the first outlet. It checked out fine when I tested it with face plate on, but by the time It checked with plate off, it was burned out. New outlet later , the GFCI saga comes to an end.

And yes, I reckon that if I were to question what’s a henway, I’d be right at about 4 to 6 pounds.

Thanks for all the suggestions and insight. Case closed (finally).

Comment

I had a gfci circuit giving me fits. Replaced the outlet and all, new one wouldn't work either.

Remembered I had a free home warranty when i bought this place and called an electrician. Had a wire come loose in breaker box.

I had never seen that before, i guess just poor termination in there from when house was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Berretta Man View Post
          My old house the garage and exterior plugs was wired to a GFCI plug in the master bathroom. Drove me nuts when it first tripped. An old electrician told me to check there and he was right.
          ^^^this is the way my old house was^^^

Comment

If you are somewhat saavy electrically HF sells a cable tracer for around $20. The circuit needs to be dead to use it but it will allow you to find out whats hooked to what.

Comment

I have seen a bad screw in a plug cause this. Screw is stripped and wire gets loose. When I wire a room I run the hot to the switch first and continue it to all the plugs in the room. The plugs don't run thru the switch contact itself. If the lights in the room work, check the nearest plug.

Comment

Glad this came to a resolution and overall simple fix even though you were driven nuts for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same thing happen and couldn’t figure it out. Put a new breaker in and it worked so breaker must have been bad

Comment

Working...
                  X