Renting an apartment for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting an apartment for work

I am thinking about renting an apartment to work out of. Ever since this pandemic hit my house has been full of loud people (family). Has anyone considered doing this or have better ideas? Also, telling family to leave or be quiet isn't an option, trust me I have tried. I'm in the land surveying biz and most of my jobsites all spread out over the state so I don't want to be traveling all week when I don't have to. I have thought about investing that money into a workshop in the back but not sure about that either. I just need to wake up, grab my stuff and get the heck out of this house.

Have you thought about renting an office space? Seems like it would be a little more straight forward and probably let you avoid having to separate electric/internet/water bills.

Cities will have lots of options. If you are in a small town, ask around the local businesses. I know most the building along our Main Street have upstairs or back offices that aren’t used and have heard of folks renting those out.

I hear you about the pandemic wrecking the quite work from home days.. I’m full time remote, luckily our church has an extra office space that I am able to use.

Comment

Buy a camper?? That way you have something to show for it. I assume you don't own the business so can't write off any of the rent.

Comment

I'd try to find an office space instead. My luck, the apartment would share a wall with an even louder family that is stuck at home.

Comment

I don't own the business so that's why I want to try and use the money into something I can invest in rather than throwing out. I tried our church a few months ago but nothing ever came out of it so I didn't push. The idea of trying another business is a great idea and maybe I can find something cheap enough that it doesn't hurt too bad. The search is on so if anyone has anything in the Houston area then feel free to reach out. Prices are ridiculous over here too, smh.

Comment

Have you looked at Regus? I had to go into one here in The Woodlands. They had all different size spaces.

Comment

I would think a little portable building would be the ticket, then at least you could sell it later if needed and your just in the back yard if want or need to run in the house. Little window unit built in desk or cheap desk and electric hook up and you would be set. Think we paid around 5500 here at work for a 10x10 but that is probably even a little big for what you need and that had AC included. A 6x8 would probably be sufficient and a helluva lot cheaper than paying $1000 a month for an entire appt or office space.

Comment

8 x 10 storage shed in your back yard, is what I would do. Then its a shed, when you're done doin the office thing.

Comment

Thanks for the regus idea. I called and their prices are much better. Maybe I can get this thing paid for through the company and I will be all set.

Comment

Tuff Shed and window unit. or call one of the co-working brokers (regus, wework, etc.). They are bleeding money and would make you a sweet deal no doubt!

Comment

I would buy a camper, build an apartment at my house add on a room etc for the expense of an apartment

Comment

Working...
                      X