Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the longest you've gone without showering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several weeks in ‘03, not sure how many, probably 3 or so. As others have said, uniform could stand on its own. Baby wipes, get your feet, crotch, pits and face, not in the order...

Comment

14 days while at Hood, in July and during a freak thunderstorm that left camp a giant mud pit for the second week.

Comment

67 days from Kuwait to Baghdad. Probably half the time was spent in MOPP gear. Lots of baby wipes were used in between but it didn't matter, we were nasty.

Comment

42 days afg

Comment

I don’t think I’ve gone longer than 24 hours as an adult.

Comment

Pretty similar to Chongo in 03 during the Invasion. Baby wipes help, but the only thing that cleaned that uniform was fire.

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
                Pretty similar to Chongo in 03 during the Invasion. Baby wipes help, but the only thing that cleaned that uniform was fire.
                Same here

Comment

Are we talking shower or bath in general?

Best thing the US Army taught me was the value of the steel pot. It can always be filled with water, which you are then able to sponge down with, soap up, and bathed.

And when the steel pot went away, made sure to always have a decent size rubber made bowl.

No idea on how long I went without a shower, but as far as a steel pot\plastic bowl bath, 3 days.

And dam it was the best.

Comment

I remember my dad saying while he was in Vietnam due to a myriad of circumstances (mostly the NVC aholes trying kill him) and having to move to several different locations it was 50 something days for him. That man showers twice a day now if running water is available. It doesn't even have to be hot. He said "son you can get just as clean in cold water as you can hot water it just doesn't take nearly as long!"

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread stinks. Seriously, maybe 3-4 days while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

10 days on a camping trip in Big Bend.

Comment

I feel dirty just reading this.

Comment

2 days for me.

I just realized that I have a whole new level of respect for you military guys!

Comment

10 days elk hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                                Military will always win this. This is what will get some women in medical trouble in the military.
                                Homeless dudes will always win this. . I walked near a guy one day and I literally smelled him downwind from me. Oooooof.
                                Last edited by RR 314; 01-07-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X