Meteor shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meteor shower

Anyone brave the cold last night to see it?
    I drove to Abilene before daylight. Saw one warning up the truck and 5 on the way. Some of the big “green” ones.

I recently moved to the “big country” and can’t get enough of the star watching after leaving in the city most of my life. Simple pleasures of sunrises and sunsets, watching training jets and big deer in the yard.

BP

My 15 year old daughter was so dissapointed it was so cloudy Saturday night and she was beat last night. I had to get up and get moving toward San Antonio this morning at 3:30 abd the sky was clear, still and beautiful. Not sure howmany I saw, but it was quite a few!! When the kids were younger and we lived in Round Top I would drag them out of bed and go out and watch.

Comment

Sounds very peaceful, congratulations on the move

Comment

Got up early before hunting Saturday and watched from 4-5:30am. Probably saw 30-40 fall. Afterwards, the crescent moon rose to the east with Saturn and Jupiter aligned for the first time in 800 years. Beautiful morning.

Comment

I was actually going to ask if there was some sort of meter shower. I have seen at least 3-4 on my way to the stand the last few mornings.

Comment

I saw 3-4 yesterday morning before sunrise
            Had no idea or I’d of paid more attention lol

Comment

I watched for a little while last night but didn't see any. Saw several satellites though so that was pretty cool. The drive in to work has too much artificial light to see the sky very well so I didn't bother to look while driving in.

Comment

I pulled my son out of school for Monday and we went out to Caprock Canyon SP Sunday night to watch it. There was about .75-1" of snow on the ground and cold! I bet we saw a couple hundred while we watched throughout the night. We saw one around 2AM that almost went from horizon to horizon. Around 230AM it got exciting, we saw probably 20 in a 5-7 minute window. We packed it in after that.

Comment

I had know idea there was a meteor shower saturday night till we were out coyote calling. We saw several hundred of them I would say while out calling. Was an absolutely amazing night of calling and the meteor shower was a fantastic bonus.

Comment

That's one our favorite pass times at our place in the big country too. Wife and I saw a big green one a couple weeks ago. Best she had ever seen. Missed this one due to clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                      I pulled my son out of school for Monday and we went out to Caprock Canyon SP Sunday night to watch it. There was about .75-1" of snow on the ground and cold! I bet we saw a couple hundred while we watched throughout the night. We saw one around 2AM that almost went from horizon to horizon. Around 230AM it got exciting, we saw probably 20 in a 5-7 minute window. We packed it in after that.
                      Good for you. I bet he learned a lot more from that than he would have at school.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                        You got a hell of a show and it was really clear once the snow storm cleared. I know it was **** cold!

Comment

Daggitt.....wish I knew about it in advance. I love [emoji180] nature doing its thing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are there any in the days ahead? Like last night was the best night and then dwindles down over the next couple of days, or is it one and done?

Comment

Which shower was this one? Wife and I have watched a few this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X