Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMDH - Know What You Need (Hunting License)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMDH - Know What You Need (Hunting License)

I stopped in to the RR Academy to get hunting licenses for me and my 2 kids (12 & 15). For those that haven't gotten a license there, you go thru the checkout line and pay and then take you receipt to someone else to do the licenses. Anyway, I get to the cashier and tell her I need 2 youth hunting licensees. She proceeds to tell I don't need them. Excuse me? I asked her what she meant and she said I didn't need those. After saying yes I do, she called the hunting department to confirm. The hunting department agreed and said that I didn't need a license for my kids.

Rather than arguing with her since she looked like a high school kid I walked back to the gun/hunting counter. As I asked the man behind the counter another lady stocking shelves chimed in and said again that I didn't need a hunting license. She was pretty adamant about it. I again said, no I need a youth license. She proceeded to argue with me that I didn't because if they were sitting with me they didn't need it. I then asked how they would tag a deer? She said they could use my tags if they would be hunting with me. I said they wouldn't and they would tag their deer with their own tag. Then she said "Oh well if that's the case then they need a $7 youth license." I looked at her like "No ****!" and walked off back to the front of the store where I got to sit in line again for an available cashier.

I went to a different cashier who rang me right up for $14. Everything went fine from there but Good Lord talk about making a 5 min process a 30 min process due to stupidity.... Anyway, do not take their word that the license is correct or that they have any clue what they are talking about. SMDH

I cannot stand the academy in RR off of IH35 anymore. I will go to another academy before i go to that one. FYI for everyone...... I believe that HEB will give you a hunting license also. least ours does here in Kerrville.

Comment

I buy licenses online. Easier, quicker, saves the trip and headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        yep, so easy. haven't bought in person in many years

Comment

I haven’t bought a license in a store for quite a long time... online is so much easier and I’m the one pushing the buttons. It’s my fault if I screw it up then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm to cheap for the $5 online e XD

Comment

They're thinking of the Hunter Safety Course license.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^ this

Comment

I look forward to the argument every year. I don't think I could hit a dove without fightin with a cashier about a huntin license!

Comment

I ended up being sent to check out in electronics last time I bought one at our walmart... I do it online now and pay the fee to save the headache and drama. lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo !

Comment

As far as I know, getting your lifetime tags isn't doable online. (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I break the academy system every year. And every single time all the tags on the first printout read, "not a valid tag."

Check you license before you sign/leave! Check your endorsements, your HIP certification, your hunter's ed number, and your tags.

Comment

Walked in to WM to the sporting goods counter, waited while the guy and wife in front bought theirs, handed my license to the clerk and told him "Gimme another like this" and was back to the car in about 6 minutes.

Comment

Next time ask for the outdoor annual that they typically have laying around and show them they are wrong.

Comment

This!<

Comment

Working...
                              X