No announcement yet.

2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody heard from System on here? Miss seeing the pics of his little son the catcher.

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

We played some of the best defense I’ve ever seen any 8U play today, had 2 gremlin innings, and went 0-1-1, which is 0-2 because there are no ties in baseball. Got a salty team 1st tomorrow, if we can get by them, I like our chances. Either way, they learned not to run on Canes #12 3rd baseman today...but it took them a while![emoji23]

Something that I’ve learned this year, is the value of a great minded bunch of kids, great parents, and a coach you believe in! We have always been lucky to have “most” of that in the past, but this group is so stinking much fun to be around. The moms planned a surprise baby shower for the coaches wife today between games. She is at every game, and pregnant with their first kiddo. Then we went to a parents house and they played whiffle ball for 2 more hours while the coached pitched. Then we had dad homerun derby off the pitching machine @60mph, which yours truly won, right AND left handed...after about 8 beers.[emoji23] While the “kids” swam.

Good times! Good luck to everyone in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 06-27-2020, 10:58 PM.

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

Originally posted by cwill View Post
        Has anybody heard from System on here? Miss seeing the pics of his little son the catcher.

I think he spent some time in the cooler about the time the astros cheating deal came out, and has been on a self imposed hiatus since. I don’t know that to be fact, just what I heard, but he is missed.

I hope he and Tanner the maniac catcher, are having a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I think he spent some time in the cooler about the time the astros cheating deal came out, and has been on a self imposed hiatus since. I don’t know that to be fact, just what I heard, but he is missed.

I hope he and Tanner the maniac catcher, are having a good season.

Ruh-Roh! LOL I bet little Tan is doing what he does. Thanks and good luck to your little one!

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            We played some of the best defense I’ve ever seen any 8U play today, had 2 gremlin innings, and went 0-1-1, which is 0-2 because there are no ties in baseball. Got a salty team 1st tomorrow, if we can get by them, I like our chances. Either way, they learned not to run on Canes #12 3rd baseman today...but it took them a while![emoji23]

Something that I’ve learned this year, is the value of a great minded bunch of kids, great parents, and a coach you believe in! We have always been lucky to have “most” of that in the past, but this group is so stinking much fun to be around. The moms planned a surprise baby shower for the coaches wife today between games. She is at every game, and pregnant with their first kiddo. Then we went to a parents house and they played whiffle ball for 2 more hours while the coached pitched. Then we had dad homerun derby off the pitching machine @60mph, which yours truly won, right AND left handed...after about 8 beers.[emoji23] While the “kids” swam.

Good times! Good luck to everyone in the morning!

Good stuff Dale. Stay around that type environment as long as you can. It’s tough because teams get pulled apart for various reasons. We still hang out, talk and text with parents from Luke’s 10U team.

BTW...3 for 5 w/4 RBI today. [emoji41]

Last edited by ShockValue; 06-27-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Headed to Gulf Shores this coming Tuesday to get our 9U's back on the field for real games for the first time in forever. Will be a little short handed as our top two pitchers families still aren't comfortable playing tourneys. Win or lose, will just be good to have the boys together in an actual competitive atmosphere...

BTW, any Gulf Shores tips/recommendations you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                Headed to Gulf Shores this coming Tuesday to get our 9U's back on the field for real games for the first time in forever. Will be a little short handed as our top two pitchers families still aren't comfortable playing tourneys. Win or lose, will just be good to have the boys together in an actual competitive atmosphere...

BTW, any Gulf Shores tips/recommendations you may have would be greatly appreciated!
                i would skip the hangout, its over priced, bad food, and crowded. lulu's was great, and steamers is a good place for seafood.

good luck to you guys

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  i would skip the hangout, its over priced, bad food, and crowded. lulu's was great, and steamers is a good place for seafood.

good luck to you guys
                  Everywhere we ate in Gulf Shores fit this description. Awful seafood And service for a town on the beach.

Take a grill and go to the grocery store.

Comment

We took the boys to Beaumont this weekend and went 5-0 they played the best defense I have ever seen them play. The bats came alive at the right time as well. I have just one more weekend with my boys and I will be hanging my coaching hat up. My son will be a freshman this year so it’s time to just focus on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                      We took the boys to Beaumont this weekend and went 5-0 they played the best defense I have ever seen them play. The bats came alive at the right time as well. I have just one more weekend with my boys and I will be hanging my coaching hat up. My son will be a freshman this year so it’s time to just focus on him.
                      That's awesome. Congratulations to those hard-working young men.

Comment

Boys went 5-1 over the weekend, losing only the last one.[emoji35] They played really well, and Brady is finally driving the ball again. He had a couple homers and a couple triples, off the fence, solid defense. Hate to lose the last one, but they were glad to get rings after battling the heat.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-14-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Rebels are playing at Faulkner Park in Tyler this weekend.

Comment

congrats fellas, good luck.

my 12u is playing a 13u tourney this weekend so we will see how they react to the bigger field. the 10s are playing too so I am hoping the schedules allow us to spend ALL DAY at the fields in this wonderful weather....

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              congrats fellas, good luck.

my 12u is playing a 13u tourney this weekend so we will see how they react to the bigger field. the 10s are playing too so I am hoping the schedules allow us to spend ALL DAY at the fields in this wonderful weather....
                              I spent 12 hrs at the field each day this weekend. I was spent Sunday evening!!

Comment

Anybody going to the five tool in OKC 7/30-8/2? We will have a 15U & 16U there. Possibly a 17U as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X