Form 1 Whisper Pickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 1 Whisper Pickles

Anyone build their own cans? Looking to get one made any plans for them pointers so alphabet bois don’t reject it

Originally posted by Ol’red View Post
    Anyone build their own cans? Looking to get one made any plans for them pointers so alphabet bois don’t reject it
    I have built a couple over the last couple years. Issue is now you need a lathe and mill because the components are basically non-existent. If you have a lathe, then it is still do-able. If you google redditt form 1, there are several guides that lay out exactly what was described recently and if they got approved. From my perspective it has gotten exponentially harder, and my next ones will be Form 4s because of it. Essentially the ATF views any and all parts/pieces as constructive intent and won't approve.

Comment

Quite Bore, Ecco Machine, Sub Zero Supply Company and XRT Engineered Solutions are a few. I stamped and built these about 4 years ago. Might be a little more difficult to built these days. Tubes are 1.360" and cups are 1.355". I ordered the tube and cups from different dealers with the end caps. Do Not drill the end cap and cups till you have your stamp. Be sure and order SS or Titanium components. One is direct thread and the other is YHM quick disconnect. Built mine for around 300 bucks and they work very well. Might be a little more these days.

Comment

It was 10 fold easier to do before the dog shooters changed everything up with their BS back in February making it to where you have to do everything in house from scratch. It put most of the form 1 companies out of business which I am sure was their goal.

They have relaxed some on approvals it looks like recently but still tough. Good luck.

Comment

i built my first one December of 2021 and probably wont do it again since as stated above it is become extremely difficult with the rule change. a lot of the companies that made good form 1 parts shut down so its mostly Chinese parts and sub average QC. check out Facebook and reddit groups for help on the paper work.

Comment

I have listened to a few podcasts on this. Most of them same conclusion as above. Not worth the hassle anymore just go form 4.

Comment

What about aluminum for rim fire?

Comment

Working...
              X