Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin Oak, I throw those quite a bit also. I've been getting some pretty good trout with the Troutsupport Grass Walker in what's called Birthday Suit (it looks like a mullet). I caught several on my lures and Soft Dine XL's. I got the better fish on the Grass Walker. Give them a try, I think you'll like them too.

Comment

Caught a few trout today and having to learn new water. Moved 20 miles South. Wind was blowing but kept enough trout for wife and i- fish were on drop offs today. No sun they never moved up for me
      Last edited by glen; 01-02-2023, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to hitting the salt this year also.

Comment

Decided to skip the final weekend of deer season and head to the coast with my boys before school starts back up. Despite the cruddy weather it was a nice start to 2023! Boys caught a bunch of undersized trout and and we got into the redfish this afternoon including a few keepers. Even ol’ Dad got in on the action. Most were caught on DSL Strawberry Wine Burner Shad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            You miss out on some of the best fishing of the year. Go when you can. They don't fast from Thanksgiving to Spring Break.

[emoji23]

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Awesome!

Caught those fish not long after I sent you that text. [emoji41]

Comment

Way to kick off the new year amigo!

Comment

Way to go!!!

Comment

Going to try and get down and salty in a couple weeks. 1 more week of hunting then boat maintenance and hopefully I’ll get to chase some big girls soon. Good luck all.

Comment

What recommendations do y’all have on light weight casting rods for wade fishing? Looking to get a couple new rods for this season. I’d like to stay under 200$ each if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          What recommendations do y’all have on light weight casting rods for wade fishing? Looking to get a couple new rods for this season. I’d like to stay under 200$ each if possible.
                          I've been using Allstar Classics for years with no complaints. 7 footers. Under $100

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

I have a laguna liquid I really like and they run about $159.

My waterloo carbon mag is super light and I love it for Wade fishing but it is well over $200.

Comment

Great job Bryan

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I will say if you are throwing an egg beater I have gone to Ugly Stick Lite 7’6”. I took my reels off two Kislers. Balance well- light- and I can beat them up and they still rock and don’t break. Wish they had better rod guides but thinking of replacing those myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X