East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Havent toured our place to see about acorns but my yard is full.
    Ours also. Drive down the driveway and it sounds like popping popcorn.....lol!
    Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    That place has always had the birds

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Does turkey season also open this weekend. Lots of them on my hillcountry place but I never fool with them.
    Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Leased a small 38 acre piece in newton co that’s Bow only. It’s 4 miles from my big MLD lease over there. Main reason I grabbed this was possible sleeper and extra bucks plus my FIL is in a wheel chair. This will be a place could come up and shoot whatever with his crossbow, plus bring my nephews.

So fast forward to yesterday. Mowed and planted the big place then went over and checked the new spot. No roads but county and fm access, I proceeded to bust out two food plots pretty close to the county and fm. This would allow my FIL to park his truck then maybe 20-35 yard around down a mowed trail to his north and south wind set ups.

Busted out the first one and was on the second when caught the first trespasser. Apparently the neighbor did not like us there. We caught him coming out of the first plot. He had painted GO in big letters on the ground in red spray paint. Apparently he was writing Go Away when we rolled up on him. Lots of talking but I think we got it worked out but it’ll be interesting to see how this progresses.

Spoke, 6 and 8 point with small drop on the cell cam there last night so it at least has deer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gee-zus..........what is the DEAL with these people????
    Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    No wonder the neighbor don’t want you there. Nice flyer buck. Hope ya get an opportunity at him.
    Yep, beautiful deer!
    Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yup drove in and caught him coming out, he must’ve heard me pull in. I stopped him we talked, had to finally get stern and tell him We have the lease agreement. he was saying it belonged to a neighboring place multiple times [emoji849]… we shook hands I assured him no one would be “shooting towards his babies”. He leaves I walk 40 yards and see this still wet! Such chicken chit

Hopefully he get the message as the game warden would be on speed dial otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Ours also. Drive down the driveway and it sounds like popping popcorn.....lol!

Does turkey season also open this weekend. Lots of them on my hillcountry place but I never fool with them.

Gee-zus..........what is the DEAL with these people????

Yep, beautiful deer!

Hopefully he get the message as the game warden would be on speed dial otherwise!

We’ve talked to the LEO there and informed him, we’ll be properly marking boundaries so if needed we have a leg to stand on. Just blows my mind how brazen people are, in there on a SXS with a gun on the rack. Wasn’t something we were expecting right out the gate, but hopefully being we caught him right then and had a talk will be best case scenario. We’ll be puttin up dummy cams etc just incase

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Yup drove in and caught him coming out, he must’ve heard me pull in. I stopped him we talked, had to finally get stern and tell him We have the lease agreement. he was saying it belonged to a neighboring place multiple times [emoji849]… we shook hands I assured him no one would be “shooting towards his babies”. He leaves I walk 40 yards and see this still wet! Such chicken chit

Do you get to collect 200$ when you pass it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crabtrap View Post
          Do you get to collect 200$ when you pass it?

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Polk county deer activity continues to increase. I’ve had 8-12 deer at once at our evening feeder where I’m used to just 4-5. Also have had several new bucks show up over the course of the past week. All young, but look healthy.

Comment

My target buck finally showed up in the daylight for the first time yesterday evening.

If he makes this his new routine, might be a good opening week.

J

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Polk county deer activity continues to increase. I’ve had 8-12 deer at once at our evening feeder where I’m used to just 4-5. Also have had several new bucks show up over the course of the past week. All young, but look healthy.

I have had good activity the last couple months but can tell it's definitely picking up this week.
                Attached Files

Comment

All I need is one legal mature buck to walk out, we need capes for Mexico

Comment

First post on this thread for the season.
                    I’m on a small private patch between two large leases in Trinity County. Deer have been VERY sparse. One or two doe so far and only 2 hogs. We are used to seeing 8-10 deer at a time feeding in the evenings and usually have multiple bucks at least passing through. Got cams all over the place, both on feed and all the major travel corridors. Activity is so slow, this will be my first opener in 10 years that i’m going to stay home.

I have no idea why its so slow right now. We have water, feed, and cover. Where did all our deer go?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      I’m on a small private patch between two large leases in Trinity County. Deer have been VERY sparse. One or two doe so far and only 2 hogs. We are used to seeing 8-10 deer at a time feeding in the evenings and usually have multiple bucks at least passing through. Got cams all over the place, both on feed and all the major travel corridors. Activity is so slow, this will be my first opener in 10 years that i’m going to stay home.

I have no idea why its so slow right now. We have water, feed, and cover. Where did all our deer go?

Any chance that you've put too much pressure on your place? My target went mia for a week or so and finally showed back up last night. Maybe some white oaks could be keeping yours away too

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I found “Main Event” TODAY!!!!!

9.5 yo and same rack as last 4 years. I FINALLY have a deer I will hunt this season

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

9.5 yo and same rack as last 4 years. I FINALLY have a deer I will hunt this season
                          Amazing history id like to see pics of Main event...good luck getting him.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post

I've got one stand with exactly 0 does showing up, but 4 young bucks. This spot would seem to be a deer mecca (open timber adjacent to intersecting SMZ's), but so far I'm disappointed.

Nice! At 9.5 this may very well be the last time you get a crack at him, so pull out all the stops.

Comment

Always a good feeling when they come home

Comment

Glad you found him.

Just curious, how far away was he from the last area you had seen him?

J

Comment

Working...
                                X