Recipes for a pellet grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior View Post
    Wow it gets that hot on the 700? That’s what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will get hotter than that if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
      I was hoping you would say it didn’t…. Now I am going to have to get one.

They make a smaller one for smaller grills. Make sure you get model number I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        It will get hotter than that if needed.

And you just set it in the regular cooking area on the grates?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          And you just set it in the regular cooking area on the grates?

No. You have to pull grates and remove deflector. It goes directly in the burn pot.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4257A72A-80CA-44F8-AF90-AF9E8C56009B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24708841

Comment

I have that Green Mountain pizza oven for my Pitts & Spitts and it will hit 850 in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              No. You have to pull grates and remove deflector. It goes directly in the burn pot.
              [ATTACH]1122700[/ATTACH]

Ok. Gotcha

Comment

#1 : reverse seared ny strip roast with poblano creme fraische (I use the egg for the searing step at the end because it is convenient)
                #2 : German smoked pork loin (Kassler). Google is not really helpful here but the idea is : a) 48 hr brine, b) slow smoke pork loin, c) cut into steaks/porkchops and d) sear the chops before serving. We usually eat first after c) and then happily serve another night like d).
                #3 : Far and away, my best solution for not over-cooking whitetail backstraps

Comment

Has anyone had a Recteq pellet smoker built in a outdoor kitchen with austin stone and granite counter tops? I have not seen one.

Comment

OP,
                    Highly recommend Aaron Franklin's book "Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto" for brisket techniques. Works great on a pellet grill. I prefer using temperature (203 F at thickest part of the brisket) to determine when it's done as opposed to texture or time.

When you do try a brisket, highly recommend spending the extra $$$ for a Prime or Wyagu. Also highly recommend making burnt ends with the point (fatty part). Once the brisket reaches 203 F, I separate the point from the flat. The flat gets wrapped in foil/towels and goes into a cooler to rest for at least an hour. The point gets cut up into 1 inch cubes, basted with BBQ sauce, then back on the smoker while the flat rests in the cooler (will eventually be served sliced or chopped). Remove from the heat and serve at your preferred level of doneness/fat rendering. These burnt ends are crowd pleasers and will buckle the knees of any good brisket fan!

Another tasty option is salmon. I like to brine a large filet of good quality salmon overnight, let it develop a pellicle and smoke low and slow. If you smoke the filet scales down on a paper bag, the scales/skin will stick to the paper allowing you to remove the edible fish easily. Serve as steaks. The leftovers make a great dip/spread with cream cheese, chives, dill, etc. Delicious on Ritz crackers!

Comment

Here’s some St Louis style pork rib that are about 15 minutes from being done on my Pitts and Spits Maverick.

Using a 3-2-1 method on them so been at it for a while, but they look and smell amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                        Has anyone had a Recteq pellet smoker built in a outdoor kitchen with austin stone and granite counter tops? I have not seen one.
                        On the Recteq FB group there are several

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X