No announcement yet.

Got a quote for a CRF110F from Ride Now Austin - what a scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats about what I paid for a 2023 125f at christmas time last year.

Comment

Everything is too high ! I priced some cheap (I thought) horse wire at TSC for $240 a 100 ‘ roll. Bought the same wire from a small dealer for $130 a roll. I have to drive 50 miles to get it but I will happily do that for 7 rolls of wire. Only gonna save $770 !

Comment

tell 'em you will assemble it yourself. All you need is a trailer to haul the crate home. Assembly is pretty straight forward. It is a motor vehicle so it will have a registration/title but no license or inspection.

Comment

I'm sure liability wise they can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Everything is too high ! I priced some cheap (I thought) horse wire at TSC for $240 a 100 ‘ roll. Bought the same wire from a small dealer for $130 a roll. I have to drive 50 miles to get it but I will happily do that for 7 rolls of wire. Only gonna save $770 !
            The wire thing is interesting, I ran into that just this week needing to build some quail cages. The same brand of 50' roll was half price delivered from freaking Amazon than what I could get it for from Lowe's or Tractor Supply.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              The wire thing is interesting, I ran into that just this week needing to build some quail cages. The same brand of 50' roll was half price delivered from freaking Amazon than what I could get it for from Lowe's or Tractor Supply.
              TSC has been gouging for a while on everything!

Comment

I went into the same place & had the exact same sticker shock a month ago. After being there for way too long I left & called around a few other places. Turns out all the places are similarly priced but had a much better overall experience at Kent Power sports.

Comment

I find everything in Austin is expensivre. Try looking at dealerships furth out like in Waco or College Station.

Comment

I found that anything within 75 miles or less from ft Hood will be a joke on pricing. They know young soldiers will pay anything so they slip it in where they can to get civilians and hope they don't check.

Comment

Assembly charge? WTH? There is NO assembly required on these or any other motorcycle. Some of the big bikes need the handlebars raised to the proper height and tightened. That's it! Go buy a good used one off of Craigslist or motorcycle trader..

Comment

I told him in less than polite words to pound sand. I sent a customer service request with a copy of that quote to Honda and they told me sorry there’s nothing they could do. It’s up to the dealer and I told him that dealer represents your brand and therefore you lose a sale, but they don’t care. I haven’t gotten around to the Google review but I will.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                          TSC has been gouging for a while on everything!

Yup. I only go in there as a last resort. Expensive on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a quote from RideNow in Georgetown a couple weeks ago for a 2023 CanAm Defender. There was an extra $4500 in those same categories over MSRP. It was insane.

I bought a 2018 Polaris Ranger from Hoffpauir and those same categories were $450.

There was absolutely no chance I paid $4500 for destination, assembly etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X