Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Horn

Railroaded? Set up?

Worked over half a day and enjoying ac and food and watching the THmovie with one of my favorite actors, Steve McQueen. Overdone, but a good movie. Took a lot of liberties.

I believe that TH was set up. Old west conspiracy theory?
    ;^) lol

And why can't I have an 11 point non-typical status? I worked hard for that buck!

Comment

I have not seen that show in a long time. I am going to have to look for it.

Comment

Set up.

Comment

Watching the unedited version on the net. It was on a regular channel, but I wanted the raw version.

Comment

Read a few books on him and his bios, he was set up. He was an intelligent man.
            Last edited by Bowdark; 06-03-2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

He was setup. Should of kept his mouth shut, all curcumstantial evidence against him.
              Last edited by gonehuntin; 06-03-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                He was setup. Should of kept his mouth shut, all curculstantial evidence against him.
                Yep, that circlestanshal evidence gets 'em every time. They never learn.

Comment

Apparently the casings found were not his. He carried a whole different rifle.

My granny talked about him (she was born in 1901). She probably heard alot from my granddad (born in 1879). My paternal grands did not meet until late in life. Lucky enough to produce my uncle and dad. Both previously married and losing partners and children.

Never knew my paternal grandad. He was quite old, but my gran had stories about TH, and several old dudes. Granddad was a cowboy from the Indian Nation/Oklahoma.

She had some tales that can be backed up.

Comment

I was channel surfing and stumbled across it yesterday, so of course, I had to watch it for awhile.........good movie

Comment

Great movie. He didn’t kill him.

Comment

The old post office he mailed letters from is still standing. The ranch we work for is in TH country and we know the guy that owns the Post Office and other buildings in that area.
                        Lots of history up in this part of Wyoming about Tom Horn.

We find old rifle brass lying around every once in a while, lots of teepee rings around too with broken and intact arrowheads.
                        It is rough country and winters can be brutal if not prepared.

He was set up and railroaded.

Comment

I watched a show that said he shot a 30/30 but in the movie it said he carried a 45/60? Anyone know the one he really carried?

Comment

mmm! a young linda evans in a water trough..

Comment

Legends of the West podcast had a 6 part series on him starting with the Arizona Wars and ending with the murder of Willie Nickell.

Tom Horn was known to hang out with very ruthless men and outlaws. He was a top hand cowboy and had some positive qualities. He admitted to a Pinkerton detective about killing some people including Willie Nickell. Some of the people he reportedly "took care of" were just as ruthless outlaws, some were not. Framed? Perhaps framed into admitting to shooting the wrong people. His friends did not come vouch for him or provide alibi like they had in the past. Even the governor of Wyoming turned his back on Tom Horn.

Personally, I think he was a very charismatic person that was well liked by many but didn't fool just as many. He walked the fine line of regulator and murderer. Back then, he could be both.

Comment

Working...
                              X