Smoking beef roasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking beef roasts?

I have a sirloin tip roast and rump roast in the freezer. Wife hasn't been thrilled with some beef we purchased and I know she doesn't have plans to cook the rest. And since I run the grill and smoker wondered if either of these would be good to smoke? Chop up for BBQ sandwiches? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I have used roast to make chop sandwiches just some and add sauce

Comment

Absolutely! I do them like a small brisket…I Marinate in beef broth in a gallon bag for an hour or 2, salt, pepper, garlic and smoke at 250. Wrap at 160 with tallow just like a brisket. Back on and pull at 205, rest and eat. They are fantastic!
      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve done several roasts like briskets, and they’ve turned out really good. All I do is rub with garlic salt, black pepper, and brown sugar, smoke at 225* until the internal temp is 190*, and let it rest for an hour or so.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks guys. I'll pull them tonight and smoke them up this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kreuz Meat Market in Lockhart serves Shoulder Clod aka Chuck roast. Comes out like a giant brisket.

Comment

I was watching a bbq show interview one of the Lockhart bbq joints and beef shoulder roasts used to be the go to smoked cut meat. Apparently it wasnt until sometime in the 1980s ish that brisket became the more popular smoked cut.

I hope your roast smoked out good Mr408.

Comment

I smoked a chuck roast and wasn`t all that impressed. I would rather cut the roast into stew meat and make carne guisada or grind for HB meat.

Comment

Working...
                X