John Deere mechanic help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere mechanic help.

Have a 4010 JD tractor probably a 72 model that is not getting fuel. Trying to diagnose if it is the lift pump or injection pump and needed some advice on which is usually the issue. If anyone works on these would appreciate your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lift pump is the easiest to check. Take the line loose from the injector pump and crank it over. Fuel should squirt out.

Comment

I bet you have algae in the bottom of the tank keeping diesel from flowing. I've had this with a lot of our tractors.

Walker is right on the money. If it doesn't flow, try blowing air back up the line to the tank.

Comment

Good idea it is lower on diesel than normal

Comment

Fuel filter maybe?...

Comment

So I replaced the fuel filters bled the lines and had fuel everywhere. The lift pump worked to bleed the lines but then acted like it was not pumping. Tractor fired and ran for about 2 minutes and died. I pumped the lift pump again it was weak. Tractor will start and die each time I pump it. So next job is new lift pump.

Comment

I replace the small lift/primer pumps all the time on my irrigation lateral motors, probably 2-3 a year on about 50 irrigation motors. I put 1500hrs a year though on each motor. I usually get 5000 hours on then before need replaced.

Comment

Working...
              X