Backyard Shooting Ranges/ let's see what y'all got

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backyard Shooting Ranges/ let's see what y'all got

With limited space in a subdivision backyard. We work with what we've got. 18 yards from fence to fence.
    Attached Files

Stick another piece of plywood or metal behind those if you get a flier. Thin fence and house with windows just behind the spots. Anything the opposite direction where you can stand at the targets now and shoot towards a tree line?

Comment

No there is houses all around. Never had a flier.

Comment

Originally posted by SDF_CEO View Post
        No there is houses all around. Never had a flier.

You should look up the thread about shooting the neighbors shed from about a month ago.

Comment

Over the years I have hit the release too soon and sent an arrow way over the target a few times. tractor supply sell rubber horse matts that will stop an arrow, I think they are only about $30, cheap insurance.

Comment

Was more/less trying to get other pics posted on how people have their setups. Not searching for safety tips but thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

Comment

Dangerous!!! Glad that's not my house and my kids behind that fence!

Comment

No pictures but I have a 30 yard range. My backstop is compact straw square bales with horse stall mat behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by SDF_CEO View Post
                    Was more/less trying to get other pics posted on how people have their setups. Not searching for safety tips but thanks for the info anyway.
                    Sorry my bad.
                    Here is mine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
                      I'd agree. The last time I shot with a setup like that I overshot and had an arrow go between the pickets.

I'm thinking about putting my stand up in a tree in the back yard and shooting back toward the garage.

Comment

I know you do not want safety tips, but you need a different set up. All it would take is one and you might find yourself in court.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
                          ^^^^

Comment

I live on 50 acres so I can pretty much shoot whatever distance I want but it's my uncles place an he has a lot of horses so I got the backstop an pay attention to where te horses are

Comment

Originally posted by ckuehl View Post
                              I know you do not want safety tips, but you need a different set up. All it would take is one and you might find yourself in court.
                              Or prison if it hit someone and killed them! Not trying to hijack your thread but we are all just looking out for one another. I have been in LE for nearly twenty years and I can promise you that all cities have ordinances against shooting in city limits. If you are going to so it just make sure you protect yourself! Good Luck and good shooting!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X