No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m just applying for the sleepers. 7 years later maybe I’ll shoot a barely legal 8

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
      2nd the sentiments of Huntindad.
      I do not apply anymore after having experienced it luckily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think standby has the best odds as that seems to be 1:20 based on last year. Not sure they can ever trap enough as that place is thick, but they did say they sold them at one point to help fund the WMA. I think the best odds are actually applying for the youth hunts.

Comment

The Tiktok video of the guy informing people of Powderhorn didn’t help our chances either! They even had people just showing up randomly thinking they could go hunt it.

Comment

Get drawn for the state parks. When they show you your “assigned blind” just find the closests picnic table and campsite. Put your pop up blind on the tent pad and throw out a loaf of bred by the feeder. Around sunrise break out the Coleman grill and start cooking breakfast and pretend like you’re yelling at kids. Guaranteed the deer won’t have a clue you’re hunting and should have lots come in that are scared away by the guys in blinds all around you

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
            I’m just applying for the sleepers. 7 years later maybe I’ll shoot a barely legal 8

[emoji28] this! At the Chap Of all places too

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Get drawn for the state parks. When they show you your “assigned blind” just find the closests picnic table and campsite. Put your pop up blind on the tent pad and throw out a loaf of bred by the feeder. Around sunrise break out the Coleman grill and start cooking breakfast and pretend like you’re yelling at kids. Guaranteed the deer won’t have a clue you’re hunting and should have lots come in that are scared away by the guys in blinds all around you
              😂, you may be right. Hunted at a state park last year and deer were right behind our campsite while we were cooking breakfast.

Comment

Draw hunts are online, received email from Texas Parks and Wildlife. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post

This 166” mule deer cost me some gas money, I agree don’t waste your money lol!

This is Awesome!!

Comment

Just submitted!

After I submitted, I got an email saying “congrats you were the last applications taken for the remainder of the year”. Thought I’d let y’all know to save you some time before you go and try to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      I think standby has the best odds as that seems to be 1:20 based on last year. Not sure they can ever trap enough as that place is thick, but they did say they sold them at one point to help fund the WMA. I think the best odds are actually applying for the youth hunts.

Want to adopt me as your 65 yoa youth? I still act like a kid when it comes to hunt-n. Heck, I'll even let ya pay for all my expenses, like any parent would.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                        Just submitted!

After I submitted, I got an email saying “congrats you were the last applications taken for the remainder of the year”. Thought I’d let y’all know to save you some time before you go and try to apply.
                        I ain’t buying it.

Comment

I made my annual donations. If I get a wild hair I might put in for a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                            Just submitted!

Mine said the same thing! Better luck next year laggards!

Comment

Submitted mine earlier this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by lonestartiger01 View Post
                                Such a waste of money

[emoji44]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X