Silencing a UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silencing a UTV

Is there a way to reduce the muffler noice from a UTV? I know there used to be a device for 4 wheelers. Any DIY ideas. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an electric one!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Doubtful it’s necessary but I remember these from back in the day. Guess they still make them
      The Silent Rider® is an ATV and UTV auxiliary exhaust silencer stealth system for mufflers on Yamaha, Polaris, Honda, John Deere, Kawasaki, Can Am, Arctic Cat, and more. Quiet your ATV! Shop today!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Doubtful it’s necessary but I remember these from back in the day. Guess they still make them
        https://atvsilencer.com/
        These work fairly well to knock down the harsh popping noises from the exhaust but it doesn't affect the engine noise. Overall, definitely quieter but not silent. You'll need to keep an eye on clearance if pull a trailer or hang a road feeder off the back bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Get an electric one!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Okay Kamala.

Put a corn slinger on the front and the deer will run to the UTV. Not away. The more it rattles the better…think cover noise…like cover scent. Think dinner bell.

While youre at it…cover up those blue lights.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 06-17-2022, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I had a Benz Silent rider on my Yamaha Kodiak. It really made a difference in sound. Used to ride right up on critters. Had it until I was crashed into and had it all bent up. But they work.

Comment

I just made sure that I bought a quiet utv. I'm sure you can do something with muffler/exhaust.

Comment

The Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule Pro and the Can Am neeer ITV’s are very quiet.

If you want quieter than that and still have all the functions of a UTV, Bisch is spot on

Comment

Have a few friends that bought the muffler add on devices and they were not impressive at all. They felt a wast of money. Only real time you could notice was at top end speeds.

Comment

Working...
                  X