Texas Old 300 descendants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Old 300 descendants

I'm wondering if there are any descendants of the old 300 on the GS. If so please sound off.

Is there a link to the names somewhere?

Comment

Here . . Martin Varner . .

Comment

Walker for me.

Comment

LWC- Yes you can find it online at a few Texas history spots. I would think you would know if you are. All the families came over to Texas in the mid 1820's with SFA and got land grants from San Anna.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
            LWC- Yes you can find it online at a few Texas history spots. I would think you would know if you are. All the families came over to Texas in the mid 1820's with SFA and got land grants from San Anna.
            OK thanks for the info. My family didn't arrive until 1836. That is when they got their land. They were here for a short time before that.

Comment

Very cool! Ya'll were early. What county did your family settle in?

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
                Very cool! Ya'll were early. What county did your family settle in?
                It was called Fannin at the time but is now part of Grayson. Fannin started out a lot larger and got cut down.

Comment

Generation 1: Ellijah Allcorn and Nancy Hodge

Generation 4: Harmon Diersen and Mary Allcorn

Generation 5: My grandmother, Adele Dierson is the daughter of Harmon Dierson and Mary Allcorn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Benjamin Wightman. He fought in the American Revolution. His son, Elias, surveyed the town of Matagorda

Comment

amy white

Comment

Sawyer here. We go way back...

Comment

Here - Elizabeth Plemmons Tumlinson, wife of John Jackson Tumlinson. Family of Texas Rangers.
                          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Here. Elba Byrd.

Comment

My in-law's family (John Matthews) arrived in 1827 and bought the land that was granted to Old Three Hundred member James Nelson two years earlier in what is now Colorado County. The community of Matthews is still on the map, and much of the land is still in the family, along with the original Spanish Land Grant signed by Stephen F Austin and Baron de Bastrop. So, my sons are not direct descendants of Old Three Hundreds, but their family was among the first settlers, and their family farm has been in continuous operation for 195 years now.

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

Working...
                              X