Slow Glow lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Glow lights

Anybody have any experience with Slow Glow lights ?

I do. What do you want to know?

Comment

Tell me what u think about em

Comment

I love mine. I’ve had it for maybe 3 years now. It puts off plenty of light to hunt with. I prefer the red light but you can switch from red to green simply by reversing the polarity on the battery. When motion is detected it begins to slowly light up. I’ve never had an animal spook from it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I’ve never had an animal spook from it.
          …that you know of.

Comment

I finally went to regular old white LED solar lights. My old eyes can see much better and the cross hairs are perfect. The critters got used to the white in a few days. Some of them are pretty bright too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              …that you know of.

I’ve never had an animal spook from the light once it came on. It only begins to light up when an animal is in front of its motion detector.

So yes, that I know of. If an animal thats not in front of it spooked from a light that wasn’t on then I never knew it.

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone would buy that light over our(Sniper Hog Lights) Exterminator 3 feeder light. Here are the reasons why I say this.

1 - the comparable slowglow model is the SolR Pro bundle for $378.00 with battery. Our Exterminator 3 light is $389.99 but we give TBH members 10% off so the actual price is $350.99 so our light costs less. Please send me a PM for the coupon code for 10% off.

2 - Our Exterminator 3 feeder light comes with a 20 watt solar panel, slowglow with a 5 watt solar panel

2 - Our Exterminator 3 feeder light comes with a 12.8V 12AH LifePo 4 lithium battery, slow glow with a 12V 7AH SLA battery. Lithium LifePo 4 batteries are much better as they last a lot longer.

3 - Our Exterminator 3 feeder light comes with 3 individual light heads making it possible to light up 3 different areas at once or you can light up one huge area. Slowglow only has 1 light head and you can only light up an area that is smaller than just 1 of our light heads can light up.

4 - Our 3 light heads can be adjusted for point of aim the same as the one light head on the slow glow light.

5 - Our 3 lights heads can each be focused from a full flood beam to spot beam or anywhere in between by simply rotating the head. Slowglow can only be focused to a flood beam or a spot beam by flipping the lens over.

6 - Our light can light up your baited area from over 300 yards away with plenty of light to make the shot. Slowglow states their light should be mounted 20 feet from your baited area. One thing we have learned from a ton of testing is the closer the light is mounted to the bait, the more animals it will spook. This is why we recommend you mount our light at least 20 yards from the baited area for bow hunting and at least 70 yards away for rifle hunting. If you mounted the slowglow light 70 yards from your bait you would not have enough light at the bait to make a shot and the feature of it slowly getting brighter when the animal shows up wouldn't work because the sensor wouldn't pick up that animal that far away.

7 - With our light in Green, you can set it up to light up over 20,000 square feet. You will be lucky to light up 1000 square ft with the slow glow.

8 - Our remote will work up to at least 150 yards away from the light and most get up to 300 yards. Slowglow lists 100 yards on their remote.

9 - Our light will run all night every night even if you have several days of completely cloudy weather. I haven't tested slowglow so I don't know if their light can do that but I doubt it because of the small SLA battery.

10 - Both lights have a solar charge controller but because we use a LifePo 4 battery, we get 100% of the 12 Amps the battery has. Slowglow uses a SLA battery and because of the solar charge controller you will only get about 3.5 Amps out of the 7A battery because the solar charge controller will cut power to keep from damaging the battery. SLA batteries can be damaged if you keep draining them below 50% and that is why the Solar Charge controller will cut power when the battery reaches around 50%. Our LifePo 4 batteries can use all 100% of the batteries charge without doing any damage to the battery.

11 - Our light has a full 2 year warranty including the battery. Slowglow has a 1 year warranty

The only advantages slowglow has over our light is the plugins for a game camera and USB port. I wouldn't trust that slowglow battery to keep your light running all night every night with a cellular game camera hooked up to it.
                With slowglow you can change the color from red to green by simply changing the plug. With our light you have to unscrew the LED modules and screw in the new color. Other color(s) cost extra with our light.

Here is a link to our website and the Exterminator 3 feeder light.
                https://sniperhoglights.com/extermin...-feeder-light/

Here is a unedited picture of our Green Exterminator 3 feeder light to show how big of an area you can light up for bow hunting. The light is mounted 30 yards from the feeder. When rifle hunting with a scope you can light up a much bigger area because you don't need as much light to see as you do when bow hunting.

Below the picture of our Exterminator 3 light is a picture of the slowglow green light from their website. As you can in the picture the Axis is probably not much more than 10 feet from the light and it doesn't cover a very big area unlike our light.
                Attached Files

Comment

I would go with Sniper Hog Lights, love the flash light package I have and the great customer service.

Comment

The OP didn’t ask for the shameless plug

That being said, Sniper hogs lights are at least comparable and imo better.

Comment

I have one going on the 5th season. Works as advertised. We shoot a lot of hogs under it during the summer months, Only issue I've had was a woodpecker deciding it wanted a nest inside the sensor. Slow Glow repaired at no charge ,other than cost of shipping.

Comment

I’m sure Slow Glow is welcome to post a plug here as to why they MIGHT think their light is better. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                          I’m sure Slow Glow is welcome to post a plug here as to why they MIGHT think their light is better. Lol
                          How many Slow Glow or Sniper products do you own. I have a sniper light on my bow that is easily 10 years old. It still to this day works great. They are a sponsor of this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                            How many Slow Glow or Sniper products do you own. I have a sniper light on my bow that is easily 10 years old. It still to this day works great. They are a sponsor of this site.

Thou shalt have no other light before thy sponsor.

Comment

Working...
                            X