New to me Black Widow issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me Black Widow issue

Hey everyone, I just bought a used Black Widow bow off of Tradtalk from a reputable gentleman about a month ago. I have not shot it yet because I am still working on my Rod Jenkins drills with my lighter bow but I have recently been pulling it back to strengthen myself. However, I noticed when I bring the bow back down from full draw the bottom string is not back in groove. I fear it is a limb issue but the limbs look nice and straight. Just curious if any of you have had any similar issues. Thanks!

The top pick it is out of the groove. The bottom pick it is in the groove but the limbs look good.
    Attached Files

Unstring and unbolt the two limbs. Lay them flat side by side and see if one is slightly twisted.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Jason, does that top limb look warped when you bring it up to your eyes snd look down the string? I’ve worked out a couple twisted recurve limbs before. No that hard to fix on some bows.

Comment

Hard to tell from pictures, but it does indeed look twisted.

Before you do anything: Take the string off, and rub some vaseline on the loops, then string it up on the bow, and see if things go straight.

Now I'll explain - sometimes the loops of the string will grab, and hold onto the limb surface, and if the string isn't setting straight it will pull a twist in the limb. If the vaseline don't allow it to go straight, then you have a twist.

Don't panic though. You can probably get that twist out with some counter twist.

Rick

Comment

My buddy had a Bob Lee signature he got in a trade. Had the exact same issue. He sent it in the Bob Lee and they hard it was caused by a bad string? Replaced the string and it corrected the tracking issue. It wasn’t as extreme as your Widow thought but definitely noticeable.

Comment

Ok great good to know. I will do as yall suggested and will report back. I do have a new string ordered so Ill try that as well.

Thank you for your help, truly appreciated!

Comment

Normally this can be corrected, pm me if no one here gets u fixed up!

Comment

Honestly it did not look warped when I looked at it earlier but will rexamine it as yall said.

Comment

My brand new psa did the same thing if I brought it to full draw without an arrow on the string. Then let it slowly down to brace . I think that somehow torks that top limb. No problem when shooting the bow or letting it down to brace quickly. Have shot the bow hundreds of times without a problem. Call them if you’re concerned. I’m sure they’ll help out.

Comment

I would talk with Black Widow if the string is not the issue.

Comment

Shoot it and see what happens.

You could be torquing the string when you let it down.

Comment

BW website has instructions to get it out not a big deal

Comment

Working...
                        X